What will happen to my unlimited 3G data plan if VZW gives me the Samsung Droid Charge 4G phone?
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

I currently have the Samsung Fascinate and the unlimited data plan, with a 20% corporate

discount .   The 2-year contract started when I bought the Fascinate in November 2010. 

If I'm not mistaken, my unlimited plan is grandfathered in, even after Verizon changed the

2GB limit for data plans.

There is no 4G service in my part of the state. There won't be 4G for at least 2 years,

according to the Verizon corporate store manager.  My part of the state was the second

to last to get 3G on the east coast.   :smileysad:

If I take Verizon's offer and accept the Samsung Droid Charge 4G as a replacement phone,

what will happento my existing unlimited 3G data plan?   Can they activate the 4G phone

on a 3G data plan?

Will the 4G phone pick up 4G signal when I travel to a major city with 4G service? (nearest

city with 4G is 230 miles away)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What will happen to my unlimited 3G data plan if VZW gives me the Samsung Droid Charge 4G phone?
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

If I understand their policy correct you will continue your current unlimited 3G plan and have access to 4G in coverage areas as long as you DON'T change your plan. If you change your plan new rates will apply.

Can one of the Verizon guys here verify this?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What will happen to my unlimited 3G data plan if VZW gives me the Samsung Droid Charge 4G phone?
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

If I understand their policy correct you will continue your current unlimited 3G plan and have access to 4G in coverage areas as long as you DON'T change your plan. If you change your plan new rates will apply.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

SFObrien wrote:

Steve, I am sure you statement is correct by all accounts and info I have read..
0 Likes
RSDan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the Charge swap for Fascinate and my plan updated just to note that I had 4G.  I am still on unlimited data.  I checked to make sure today.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

SFObrien wrote:

Consider it verified, Steve! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Bootsy41

I wchange as wondering the samething! I have the Driod X and getting ready to upgrade soon. I have the unlimited 3 G plan and DO NOT want the 2 GIG plan...I need the unlimited. So am I understanding this correctly that it wont change for ne as long as I DONT change my plan ? which if I did change my plan I still dont understand why they would make me change to the 2 GIGs. about to change to a different "carriers"!

0 Likes