What will the Froyo update do for the Fascinate phone?
MeadowSage

I've seen a lot of chatter about the FroYo update, but don't really understand what it's supposed to do for the phone, specifically Fascinate.  It's supposed to "fix" ... what?

Can anybody shed light on this for me?

I'm not a techy by any means... so please dumb it down for me...:smileywink:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What will the Froyo update do for the Fascinate phone?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It should improve overall speed, hopefully fix the slow GPS locks, all full flash 10.1, and a few other miscellanous tweaks. Below is the unofficial changelog for the Galaxy S Froyo update which should be similar

It should improve overall speed, hopefully fix the slow GPS locks, all full flash 10.1, and a few other miscellanous tweaks. Below is the unofficial changelog for the Galaxy S Froyo update which should be similar

• Android 2.2 JIT compiler
  • Adobe Flash Player 10.1 compatibility
  • New Android Market with auto-updating
  • Speed improvements
  • Pinch-to-zoom homescreen flyover
  • Improved default keyboard
  • Quick links to “GPS” and “Auto rotation” toggles on notification bar added
  • Slightly different graphics and transitions with app drawer and default icon dock
  • Colored icons in settings
  • GPS Fix
  • Colored settings icons
  • Media Hub
  • Darker menu theme, navy blue color
  • Better Exchange support
  • Video records in MP4 format
  • New Search widget
  • New Gmail application

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

• Android 2.2 JIT compiler
  • Adobe Flash Player 10.1 compatibility
  • New Android Market with auto-updating
  • Speed improvements
  • Pinch-to-zoom homescreen flyover
  • Improved default keyboard
  • Quick links to “GPS” and “Auto rotation” toggles on notification bar added
  • Slightly different graphics and transitions with app drawer and default icon dock
  • Colored icons in settings
  • GPS Fix
  • Colored settings icons
  • Media Hub
  • Darker menu theme, navy blue color
  • Better Exchange support
  • Video records in MP4 format
  • New Search widget
  • New Gmail application
0 Likes
casamurphy

Sure wish it would enable copy from emails and more consistently recognize phone numbers within website and emails, making them trigger a new call.

0 Likes
When???
BumbleBbee

Been trolling through forums all over the place (BTW...Android users, check out androidforums.com also). Can anyone tell WHEN this freaking phone will FINALLY get the Froyo update? Gingerbread is just about to come out with the Nexus S, and I just bought a Vortex for my son. Even THAT has Froyo! I am very frustrated.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
NO, DEAL WITH IT! Really, do you HAVE to thread jack here when there are endless amounts of threads on the topic of when already.
0 Likes
MezcalMike

Your question should be "what would the froyo update do..." because you shouldn't assume you will EVER see the real Froyo for Fascinate.  Verizon and Google have been hemming and hawing about this because "meanwhile, back in Washington"  they've been trying to railroad our legislators to let them censor the Internet while agreeing amongst themselves on what censorships they  like the best.  Look it up, bub.

0 Likes
chaimp

There is a group on facebook forming for the purpose of organizing a mass twitter/facebook barrage of complaints to Samsung and Verizon regarding the Froyo update that we've been waiting on for about a year:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Contact-Your-April-Fool/171721029544794

0 Likes
cnndroidupdate

It won't do anything because we don't have it....

It's ok. We are still going to try. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

0 Likes