When can we order the new Galaxy Nexus?
carseller0822
Contributor - Level 3

I've been holding onto my old Droid for a long time now and am finally ready to upgrade. So when can we get our hands on the new Nexus? 

I was very tempted by the Bionic but I'm glad I waited now. I have to admit that the new Razr from Moto looks great but in the end I want Ice Cream Sandwich. 

Anybody hear any rumors about when it will be available for pre-order?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When can we order the new Galaxy Nexus?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

last rumor i saw was sometime in nov

i think it speculated nov 10th

i would say the it would be before black friday

and since vzw likes thursday release the 10th or the 17th looks good for release

with pre-order coming 1-2 weeks prior

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

last rumor i saw was sometime in nov

i think it speculated nov 10th

i would say the it would be before black friday

and since vzw likes thursday release the 10th or the 17th looks good for release

with pre-order coming 1-2 weeks prior

0 Likes
nike86

how does pre order work?   Is it done online, stores or both? 

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

nike86 wrote:

how does pre order work?   Is it done online, stores or both? 

usually online

but remember this is just speculation

the dates have not been announced

and typically vze only gives @ 1 week notice prior to pre-order or release

heck they may not even have pre-orders, it just may be a release

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

This is a sexy looking phone!! Looks amazing and should be an amazing experience with Ice Cream Sandwich running on that 720HD display!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
VZW announced it.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2011/10/pr2011-10-21a.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sumdude
Considering they moved up the Razr pre-order period last week. Seems like that was done to spread out the onslaught of incoming traffic for the 2 releases to follow. They'll likely have one to lessen & gauge the in store demand upon release.
0 Likes
MetalWych
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been reading (and seeing the MAP [Minimum Advertised Price] leaks) for the past week.  They have been fairly accurate up to now.  All signs point to November 10th. About a week before the Galaxy Nexus gets released,  Verizon, Wirefly, and Amazon should put it up for pre-order.  Of course, both Wirefly and Amazon will be a lot cheaper than Verizon (plus, no tax...and Verizon charges tax on the full purchase [retail]  price, not the price you pay, so no tax wil save you around $54 [based on a $600 retail price] or more).

This is my next phone.  I have a Droid X2, but I want a phone that wasn't a quick throw together job to capitalize on an earlier versions name (Droid X).  I am still interested in the HTC Rezound (horrid name, I like Vigor better).  Its going to be a screaming phone (1.5 GHZ dual core CPU).  Also, the Droid Razr is a sweet looking phone, but the fact that they (Moto & Verizon) are locking it down and throwing a bunch of bloatware on it make it a no go for me.  I love the idea of a pure Google experience phone...no bloat and the first for updates (instead of waiting 6 months for Motorola to cram all their junk [blur] on top of it and causing all sorts of issues).    I can't wait, but unfortunately I have to.   ;(

HURRY UP NOVEMBER 10th!!!!!!

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Community members!

I know were all excited about the Galaxy Nexus! I'm getting anxious to. Here's a link to sign up and be notified when its released or new information is available.

Before you ask yes I also signed up too. 

Thank you

0 Likes
Rickw411
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was not really an answer now, was it?  Verizon does not seem to understand that their subscribers want this phone, not the bloated Rezound or Droid razr.  They are nice phones but this is getting ridiculous, VZW passed on the SG II for this and now we find that ATT will be getting the LTE SG II before we get the Nexus!  Granted ATT doesn't have a network :smileyhappy: but without a phone what good does the network do?  It is the network that keeps me here, for now, but that may not last forever. 

If the delay is because of a supply issue or a last minute bug to get ironed out then that is understandable; if it is so you can lure people to Crapple or the other bloated phones then that is just **bleep**.

My understanding is that the purpose of signing up for the notification is to be kept updated on what is up with the Nexus.  I signed up within hours of the sign up page going live and am just as in the dark as before.  Please put out something!  If you think sticking your head in the sand and letting the rumor mills churn is helping your status in the industry, think again.

Enough ranting, thanks for listening

0 Likes