When is the Froyo Android 2.2 release date for Fascinate (Galaxy S) phone?
joeahncpa

I read today that Samsung will release Froyo Android 2.2 update on November 15.  Does anybody have an idea of when will Verizon provide this update to Fascinate phone?

0 Likes
Re: When is the Froyo Android 2.2 release date for Fascinate (Galaxy S) phone?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

No one here knows.  Samsung has begun rolling it out for the Galaxy S in certain countries overseas but no official news of when it'll hit the US based devices.  End of november has been thrown around but that's just speculation.

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
This forum needs better moderators!
0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1
For the love of god people! Learn some self control and calm down! Froyo will release when its finished getting buggered up blotted by Verizon. Don't you know that the reason its so delayed is they are having a hell of a time patching BING into the GOOGLE software and replacing google search. You all know that its Bill's fault. Microsoft its pumping big bucks into the system to keep a superior device from out selling the X and thus the reason the X is now running Froyo and we are not.
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1
people act as though froyo is the same for every phone, but they forget that froyo is just the base os code, and to that samsung needs to add drivers and touchwiz. Then verizon has to add their shortcuts to their software and put their logo all over everything. This takes time.
0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry, I must have stumbled in late, for I don't recall anyone mentioning the IPhone here..

Anyway, I would recommend some degree of self control waiting for the 2.2 update.

The reason?

Search this forum for "My GPS Doesn't work".

And then search for "Email support sucks".

Odds are priority for Samsung is fixing these issues, and if that delays the 2.2 update, so be it. At least you know they'd rather delay a software update until their driver issues are resolved.

Give it patience. Software development isn't a simple matter in any scope.

0 Likes