Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Where did my downloaded ringtones go?
labjo

Downloaded several MP3 ringtones from a non-Verizon website to my PC. Used the USB to move them from the PC to My Files/my_ringtones. When I go into Settings/Sound & Display/Phone Ringtone they do not show up in the list of ringtones.

The breadcrumbs that appear at the top when I go to the my_ringtones file says they're in the /sdscard/my_ringtons/  file. Do I need to move them to the phone's memory in order to use them?? Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Where did my downloaded ringtones go?
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Try moving them to sd/media/audio/ringtones
You can also create sd/media/audio/notifications and sd/media/audio/alarms

Files in those locations should automatically show in the ringtones, notifications, or alarms selection list.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
labjo

Tried copying and pasting to my music and my sounds, still not showing when I go to my settings. I don't have folders with the names you mention (sd/media/audio/notifications and sd/media/audio/alarms). I have files like my_contacts, my_files, my_sounds, etc.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Okay apparently it is a little bit different with the fascinate then with the other Android phones. Take a look at this link and try the instructions there.

www.knowyourcell.com/samsung/samsung-fascinate/fascinate-guides/623316/how_to_install_ringtones_on_y...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes