Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?
Jmuscol1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where is it, Verizon?!?!? I called a week ago and tech support tried to tell me it hasn't even been released by Samsung. I know better. Samsung's site shows the releases for the KitKat update and the affected Galaxy Note 3 models. Sprint, AT&T and now T-Mobile have it. Why is "The nation's most reliable network" the last to get it?!?!? How is it that a flagship phone form Samsung doesn't have it yet? KitKat was released in October of 2013!! Samsung's own page shows the update status and the networks its been rolled out to. If we are willing to pay the most for our service, shouldn't we get the best overall service for our phones?

Labels (2)
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are exciting Jmuscol1. I know how frustrating it can be to wait. Unfortunatley, we do not have any information regarding the release date. However, please feel free to register for alerts on new products and services by clicking, http://bit.ly/dDumph

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
216 Replies
adargen

I love it you pay for data but cant use it

0 Likes
adagom
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's ridiculous that still there is no information when the note 3 from Verizon will get its kitkat update, even the note 3 from AT&T is already listed on the samsung mobile website as having kitkat which is a sign that the rolled out is near but verizon nowhere to be found, This means that all of the samsung flagships phones from the 3 other major carrier in the us will be running the latest 4.4 kitkat software update except for the ones on the largest carrier, very dissapointing

0 Likes
Ever
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, VERY disappointing from Verizon.

0 Likes
Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well It should Be soon since AT&T rolled out today...... SMH

0 Likes
Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Wouldn't Bet on it though

0 Likes
QNote3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found this somewhere:

"We still don’t know when the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 users will actually be able to enjoy KitKat on their devices, but for what it is worth, Verizon has typically been releasing firmware updates after about 4-6 weeks of when other carriers roll out their version of updates, so following that logic Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 users should expect KitKat update in either early or mid April."

Well, when it finally gets here, I'd like to think that Verizon was busy making sure the update is PERFECT and there are NO ISSUES. It would be a real damn shame if this gets released with bugs after all this time. 

0 Likes
Beach327
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is scheduled for May 12th.

0 Likes
stevolution8

Did Verizon say this or did you read it somewhere else? if this turns out to be true I'm done with Verizon. They jerked me around every department they have! Tech support, local sales store, Their Customer Service Dept. is always so eager to help when on the phone but they never follow through when they claim "You got a dedicated Service Rep and I will get this matter resolved for you" three months later and after I personally went to a manager at a Verizon Corp. store I FINALLY got my $100.00 credit that was taking 6 months to process. I stay because I have Unlimited Data and they have great coverage for my area but AT&T and Sprint are just as good signal wise around here AND I never use more then 3GB of Data and thanks to Xfinity I can access Wireless almost anywhere around me SO I think ill take a shot at anything but T-Mobile.

0 Likes
QNote3
Enthusiast - Level 3

For those who can't wait. Check this out: proceed at your own risk.

http://androidpulp.blogspot.com/2014/02/update-galaxy-note-3-sm-n900v-verizon.html?m=1

R

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3

QNote3 wrote:

For those who can't wait.  Check this out:  proceed at your own risk.

http://androidpulp.blogspot.com/2014/02/update-galaxy-note-3-sm-n900v-verizon.html?m=1

R

This is only applicable to the Developer Edition of Verizon Galaxy Note 3. Retail version has a LOCKED bootloader, which prevents users from applying custom Kernels REQUIRED for installing Android 4.4 KitKat based ROMs such as CyanogenMod. However, at your own risk, you can use Safestrap Recovery to install custom stock (Android 4.3 Jelly Beans) based ROMs, as described at

[RECOVERY LOCKED/MI9,MJ7,MJE] Safestrap Recovery v3.71 [2013-12-27 BETA] - xda-developers

Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon don't care about these complaints or comments.

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

You were correct about Verizon's Note 3 KitKat release date .

0 Likes
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Well everything is running smooth. However, I have I noticed a difference in the battery. I fully charged it and have used roughly 5% in 15 minutes in standby. Not using the phone at all.

0 Likes
babygirl1025
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good Lord its taking forever to download!

0 Likes
Mokajo13
Enthusiast - Level 1
200. Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?

babygirl1025Copper

Good Lord its taking forever to download!

how did you get it? I still can't get it.

0 Likes
babygirl1025
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had it downloading and then it disappeared. Guess that was around the time they pulled the update. I was using vwz assistant at the time. Maybe we will get the OTA tomorrow.

0 Likes
DudeBrah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to update my Note 3 before it got pulled, but I have been noticing a few things while messing around with my phone. First, I noticed that none of the pre-installed VZW apps updated like they did with the S4. I also noticed that I can no longer resize while using multi window. One plus I did see was that it freed up .33 gigs of RAM, which is kind of a big deal. I now have a maximum of 2.71 gigs, up from the original 2.38. And Google Wallet actually works now.

Jmuscol1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a thought / theory - Its evident they have no plans on releasing the 4.4 update on anything Samsung outside of selling the new S5. Being that they have committed to shipping x amount of units, and have opted to not provide the update to other Samsung phones, it stinks of money. Making sure you can sell the amount of ordered S5 units with their 4.4 software pre-loaded, marks that they know the software works fine on their network. Seeing as how they will have to move the number of units committed to, they don't want to miss out on the market share, and also want to claim the most unique users attracted to buying the S5 from Verizon. They will see that the Note 3 and other Samsung phone sales are lagging without the software update and will eventually offer the update on these phones to move them off their deck before serious devaluation.

lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners:

What Verizon posted on Samsung Galaxy S 5: How Does It Compare to the S III and S 4? is just really bad ethical practice when every other carrier has the 4.4 update. They are promoting their new phone because it has 4.4, purposefully withholding it from us.

Why we should care:

KitKat 4.4 has features like better battery life, faster performance, tap to pay, better caller ID, and much more. Read about all the features here: http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

I encourage everyone to take this issue to all the social media outlets you can so that Verizon can really understand the impact of bad marketing and treating current customers like dirt.

Remember to use the hashtag: GiveUsKitKat #GiveUsKitKat

Post to and unlike Verizon's Facebook page:

Verizon Wireless | Facebook

Tweet:

VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter

Verizon Wireless USA (VerizonWireless) on Twitter

Verizon Wireless (VZWnews) on Twitter

Verizon (Verizon) on Twitter

Google+:

Verizon Wireless - Google+

Read more about what's happening:

http://www.androidorigin.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4-kitkat-update-android-4-4-2-delay/

http://www.androidorigin.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3-kitkat-update-android-4-4-2-delay

achille16

Great news guys .. The update is finally here for LG G2 . .. !!! . Better late than never lolz .. . However no OTA update so far . . use the verizon software update on PC to upgrade to kitkat. 

0 Likes
otter007
Enthusiast - Level 1

THIS IS BS VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   WE HAVE IN ESSENCE $750 FLAGSHIP PHONES WITH THE NOTE 3.  GET OFF THE HIGH HORSE ALREADY AND UPDATE THE NOTE 3.  I KNOW YOU HAVE IT ALL READY, BUT YOU ARE HOLDING OFF.  THE OTHER MAJOR AND EVEN SMALLER CARRIERS ARE KEEPING THEIR CUSTOMERS HAPPY, AND IM SURE THAT PEOPLE WILL BUY THE S5 REGARDLESS BECAUSE OF THE PHONE AND IT'S FEATURES.  YOU ARE UPSETTING A VERY LARGE CUSTOMER BASE, AND YOU MAY THINK NOTHING OF IT ,BUT PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE TO BE LAST EVERYTIME ,AND WILL EVENTUALLY GO TO CARRIERS WHO OFFER BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE.  COVERAGE NOW A DAYS MEANS LITTLE SINCE MOST OTHER MAJOR CARRIERS ARE CATCHING UP OR ALREADY THERE PLUS HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE.  YOU'RE SCREWING YOURSELVES, AND I SUGGEST THE ADMINISTRATOR WHO IS WATCHING, FORWARD TO THE OVERPAID EXECS RUNNING THE SHOW.  IF YOU DON'T FIX THE WAY YOU RUN THINGS, IN TIME, YOU WILL BE THE LAST CARRIER ,JUST LIKE YOUR SERVICE!!