Where is my jelly bean 4.2 update? I HATE YOU VERIZON
bevochan
Enthusiast - Level 3

After months of waiting for 4.1 update, AGAIN, the VZ galaxy nexus is the last and only device without the update.  And a month behind sprint.  Supposedly another update 4.2.2 is releasing soon.....

Counting down the days until my contract ends.......

0 Likes
Re: Where is my jelly bean 4.2 update? I HATE YOU VERIZON
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

I am in complete agreement with you that Verizon ROYALLY failed to deliver.

DoctorDeDroid
Contributor - Level 2

Indeed, we should be going over this again, and again, and again until we get what we were promised.  We were promised a nexus, not a cheap bait and switch ploy.  I feel we were lied  to by VZW,  and I don't see a good faith effort on the part of VZW to live up to their own marketing of the Gnex. 

verizonmoderator1

<< Several responses on this thread have been removed as they were personal attacks on other users and were not relevant to the discussion thread. >>

0 Likes
RaZorSharp
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am weaning my family off Verizon as our contracts end.  The time has come to be contract free!

The Nexus 4 is a really good choice right now except for the lack of LTE.  Give it another year and we should have multiple offerings to choose from.  We might even have a high speed cellular offering from Google!

Brent72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with everyone that this issue should continue to be brought up over and over again until Verizon finally does something about this. It's a travesty that the phone hasn't been updated since Sept.

tkrisk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish they would respond and tell us whether we are going to get an update or not. They just leave you in the dark. I'm sure a decision has been made. I just need to know a yes or no. This way we are not waiting like idiots. Boy these duopolies are really annoying....

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tkrisk wrote:

I wish they would respond and tell us whether we are going to get an update or not. They just leave you in the dark. I'm sure a decision has been made. I just need to know a yes or no. This way we are not waiting like ******. Boy these duopolies are really annoying....

None of the carriers announce when an system update is coming to happen until it is either happening at that moment or it is ready to go in the next day or two (ie the Tbolt and DROID Incredible updates in the last week). The support representatives won't know an update is coming either as they usually find out the same time as the customers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, Verizons would have to care about the paying customer to let you know that your phone is not ever going to be updated.  If they just leave you hanging and waiting indedinately, they can keep getting paid.  Money is number one.  The customer is number zero.

rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

The carrier may not know exactly when an update is coming, but they certainly would know that one is NEVER coming.