Where's my update it's January 10th
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 10th is here and I'm waiting for fixes or 2.2 and no new notifications on phone saying any new updates available. Lets hope it's coming sometime today

0 Likes
Re: Where's my update it's January 10th
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Even IF the rollout of the maintenance release starts today, it'll be a staggered release across multiple days.  Verizon isn't going to magically snap their fingers and put it on all phones. 

0 Likes
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well that sucks I thought it would just be sent over the air and we would all get it. Just have to wait and see and hope ones who get let us all know so we dont give up hope.

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

Besides all this, please show me where the official notice is that there is even an update coming today. All I've seen are screenshots of verizon employee monitors that suggest an MR is supposed to come today. This doesn't account for failures noted late in software testing or other delays.

0 Likes
MSSurvivor

Over the Air blows.  Yes it's convenient, but I would prefer to download and flash from my computer.  It seems in Europe they have Keis.  I really believe the decision to delay the flash was caused by the product demo at CES 2011.

I stopped over at XDA Developers and no one is stating they have the official release.  It would be cool if we received 2.3 Gingerbread vice 2.2 Froyo.  Beggars can't be choosers.  I will be happy if the GPS works faster.  I had HTC products before and liked the QuickGPS program.

I will say this....i will never get the iPhone.

Just a Thought.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

Mssurviver I dont want Iphone myself because with Verizon putting in what they want it will be the same as this phone the Fascinate and the other Droids. It was a big deal when AT&T came out with it couple yeras ago but now with the Android phones it is nothing great anymore. Just my opinion

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

bigfrank69 wrote:

Mssurviver I dont want Iphone myself because with Verizon putting in what they want it will be the same as this phone the Fascinate and the other Droids. It was a big deal when AT&T came out with it couple yeras ago but now with the Android phones it is nothing great anymore. Just my opinion

That's the one thing good about apple.  If it comes to Verizon, it'll be on Apple's terms and most likely won't be bloated to where it's about to explode.  That said, I never have and never will have any interest in it.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

wow, here's a surprise. someone started a RUMOR about a release date, and now people are taking it to heart and getting all huffy and puffy when it doesn't come out.

0 Likes
bigfrank69
Contributor - Level 1

M91-30 Wow did we get up on wrong side of bed? nothing like telling us like it is. I have seen stories on other sites about a release or fix and just really wanted it and know sometimes it is just bull crap but it seemed real this time and day is young. Have agreat day and thanks for telling the people what is and whats not. Good day

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

There IS a fix available just not currently from Verizon.  The Jan 10th date has been thrown around based on a supposed leaked sheet from Verizon but they haven't "officially" acknowledged it afaik.  If you can't wait, a trip to xda-developers.com and about 15min will get you the fix you're looking for (just not Froyo).   

0 Likes