Re: Where's the Galaxy Nexus?!?!
Choche

Im definitely feeling the same way Scoobt_Rex... Ive got three phones on the VZW network and this is really making me feel like Im being kept in the dark unnecessarily. 

What happened to today's launch? 

Will we be able to at least pre-order today maybe? I don't even care if its not in the store... but come on Verizon... 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

Thegreek wrote:

Dear Verizon,

This has to be the most poorly executed release of a highly anticipated piece of technology to date.  You have taken the opportunity of showcasing the best android phone that is exclusive to your network and flushing it down the toilet.  This should be a case study in business schools as to how not to market a new phone.  I understand no official statement has been made by your corporate marketing gurus, but we as well as you know that leaks abound about so-called release dates.  Perhaps I'm wrong and this is sheer genius on your part to build anticipation.  Unfortunately I see it as an exercise in building frustration with your brand.  I can honestly say I am not merely disappointed with the way this has been handled but totally disgusted with your marketing team........

to date? lol.....ummmm.....bionic anyone? thunderbolt anyone? shall i go on? this is no worse than any of their launches. the difference is likely that this happens to be the phone you want, but if you followed just about any of their devices, pre-launch, then you'd know that they are always "late" if you use rumored launch dates.

and best android phone? that's very subjective. the specs are OK at best......and will be very inferior by the time the CES rolls around in just a couple of months.

they launched the tbolt before it was ready and crushed it's potential sales. they then did the same thing with th bionic. these were originally the 2 most highly anticipated verizon androids earlier this year.....and they blew it. is that what everyone wants now with the current most highly anticipated verizon device?

if it were ready, then it would be on sale. period. it's not ready.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon doesn't need to announce any kind of dates if they don't want. People will complain either way. If they announce any dates, they will get people whining about why it isn't coming out sooner. If they don't announce any dates, they will get people whining about not getting any dates. They chose the latter. This doesn't mean that Verizon will put the phone out any earlier or any later than the time THEY determine it is ready for THEIR network.

For all of the people saying that Verizon is delaying the release as to not impact the sale of the RAZR/REZOUND/etc..., don't you think they consider the fact that anyone who purchases one of these phones WILL NOT be eligible for a discounted upgrade to get this one. THIS will impact the sales numbers of the Nexus. Why do you think they care WHICH phone has good sales, as long as they sell you ANY phone to get you on their network?

Furthermore, AFTER the phone is released, anyone who has a problem with the phone WILL be complaining to VERIZON about how VERIZON rushed this phone to market BEFORE IT WAS READY!

0 Likes
rczik

Even if the device is launched this month, Verizon has botched it. The marketing isn't in place. It feels like the poor step-child in their line up, as if they don't want to sell it. Very poorly done Verizon.

0 Likes
Nolephan

Verizon can and has done whatever they want with regard to the phone because that's their perogative. In response to this message and the one before it My gripe isn't so much that the phone isn't out yet its the way Verizon is handling this. It's obvious this device is getting tons of press and in fact was named the #2 gadget of the 2011 by time magazine (they might have to revise that to 2012 at this point) so what is the harm in keeping the people interested in getting the phone informed about whats going on with it? Verizon instead has decided to treat us like mushrooms and keep us in the dark and feed us **bleep**. In addition if the phone isn't ready my question would be WHY? At this rate it's going to be available everywhere BUT the US by the time it's released. So verizon why can't you just be up front with customers? If the device has hit some kind of snag just say "Hey..we are working to make sure the phone is going to be the best possible phone when it's released and in order to do that we need to do XYZ. Once we have done that we will update you with further information". Instead it's "We haven't released an official date" which makes it seem as if they are trying to hide something or there are other factors at play. Also with regard to the previous email I purchased a droid razr when my OG droid died because I had to. I had been waiting on the galaxy since October hoping it would come out before mine died but It didn't work out that way. However thanks to the verizon extended return policy for the holidays (Purchases after Nov 15th and Dec 28th are exchangeable/returnable till Jan 15th) I will be sitting on this inferior droid razr until the phone I originally wanted comes out. Now that i've said that Im sure it won't hit the market till the Jan 16th and I'll be stuck with a phone I don't really want.. Thanks again VZ!!!

0 Likes
Xarth
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rep in store confirmed they are in the back stockroom to me last night.  He said that his information says December 15th.  He said he has already played with one and absolutely loves the phone.  I was able to check out several cases and other accessories last night in my local verison store.

Hope this is correct and it helps.  I do think Verizon's communication problem is a serious issue.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Nolephan wrote:

Verizon can and has done whatever they want with regard to the phone because that's their perogative. In response to this message and the one before it My gripe isn't so much that the phone isn't out yet its the way Verizon is handling this. It's obvious this device is getting tons of press and in fact was named the #2 gadget of the 2011 by time magazine (they might have to revise that to 2012 at this point) Does Time Magazine say that it is the #2 US gadget? Time is a GLOBAL magazine, and the phone HAS been released elsewhere. No need for them to revise that to 2012!  so what is the harm in keeping the people interested in getting the phone informed about whats going on with it? Verizon instead has decided to treat us like mushrooms and keep us in the dark and feed us **bleep**. Actually, they are feeding you nothing, and are interpreting that as feeding you **bleep**.

In addition if the phone isn't ready my question would be WHY? At this rate it's going to be available everywhere BUT the US by the time it's released. So verizon why can't you just be up front with customers? If the device has hit some kind of snag just say "Hey..we are working to make sure the phone is going to be the best possible phone when it's released and in order to do that we need to do XYZ. Once we have done that we will update you with further information". Instead it's "We haven't released an official date" which makes it seem as if they are trying to hide something or there are other factors at play. Actually, YOUR INTERPRETATION of their silence is that you are being fed **bleep**. Why don't you just alter your interpretation in to a better translation. Do you think theY DON'T want it to be the best possible phone? What would be the reasoning in that?

Also with regard to the previous email I purchased a droid razr when my OG droid died because I had to. I had been waiting on the galaxy since October hoping it would come out before mine died but It didn't work out that way. However thanks to the verizon extended return policy for the holidays (Purchases after Nov 15th and Dec 28th are exchangeable/returnable till Jan 15th) I will be sitting on this inferior droid razr until the phone I originally wanted comes out. You say that you want information and that you will be happy. What if they gave you information that you want to hear such as your requested "Hey..we are working to make sure the phone is going to be the best possible phone when it's released and in order to do that we need to do XYZ. Once we have done that we will update you with further information", and come up with the date to be after Jan 15th? That should make you happy, right, since you have gotten more information as you requested, or will you still complain since they didn't give you the date you wanted to hear? It seems to me that the Nexus WILL be ready before Jan 15th and Verizon IS supplying you with a LOANER PHONE due to their extended holiday return policy. It amazes me that people just like to complain. They are going to complain anyway, so why should Verizon do anything differently?

Now that i've said that Im sure it won't hit the market till the Jan 16th and I'll be stuck with a phone I don't really want.. Thanks again VZ!!! Possible, but according to several people saying the phones are in stores already, doesn't seem likely.

0 Likes
gshaw1

I don't think any businesses use the model your talking about "Verizon doesn't need to announce".  That's the reason we are so peeved!

I hardly think anyone can call this rushed out when South Africa, Canada, & Europe has announced it availability already.

Second I own a Razr and it's going back, as well as, a lot of the Rezounds & Razr's that were sold.  You may have missed their holiday return period, but it lasts from November 15 - Jan 3rd.  I am positive it will have a negative impact on these phones because we only playing them.  Mine is going back to exchange on a Nexus on launch day.

If your not happy because we expect better service from Verizon, go post somewhere else.  But to say that they don't need to announce the phone in the same way all of the other phones that were released is bogus!

GMAN

0 Likes
pdub73
Enthusiast - Level 1

Possible, but according to several people saying the phones are in stores already, doesn't seem likely.

The retailers have the Nexus in stock as we speak...I went this morning to buy mine...after being told on Tuesday Dec. 6th that it will be available Fridat Dec. 9th....the sales Rep showed it to me...so I go back this morning he pulls out the White box with "Verizon" marked on it in raised white letters, set it next to his keyboard, and asked for my mobile number, did some typing, then made a phone call which is where he and I got the bad news, He asked his corporate sales rep, why wasn't there an email or any word of the delay? whatever she said He wouldn't tell me, but he said he couldn't sell it to me, he said it "may" have something to do with the 4G outage...that would be an acceptable reason for delaying the release at least for me it is...

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

gshaw1 wrote:

I don't think any businesses use the model your talking about "Verizon doesn't need to announce".  That's the reason we are so peeved! Not sure if this is directed at me, but will assume that it is. The rest of my quote was "IF THEY DON'T WANT", which means THEY use whatever MODEL(as you put it) they seem fit for THEIR business. I am not advocating one way or the other. Makes no difference to me. I haven't said that Verizon should use ANY specific type of business model, but you and others seem to want to dictate what model they use when it comes to disseminating information on future products.

I hardly think anyone can call this rushed out when South Africa, Canada, & Europe has announced it availability already. I can guarantee you when someone has a problem with their Nexus, they WILL say that it was rushed out before it was ready.

Second I own a Razr and it's going back, as well as, a lot of the Rezounds & Razr's that were sold.  You may have missed their holiday return period, but it lasts from November 15 - Jan 3rd.  I am positive it will have a negative impact on these phones because we only playing them.  Mine is going back to exchange on a Nexus on launch day. Actually, you have until Jan 15 for returns on purchases made from Nov 15-Dec 28.

If your not happy because we expect better service from Verizon, go post somewhere else.  But to say that they don't need to announce the phone in the same way all of the other phones that were released is bogus!If you mean that they should announce it prior to the release, well it hasn't been released yet and they still can.:smileyvery-happy:

GMAN

0 Likes