Re: Where's the Galaxy Nexus?!?!
rcschnoor
Legend

From Verizon's return policy:

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply, including Restock Fee."

0 Likes
mithmax

Wife and i have made the choice to grab 2 Droid x's off ebay to replace our ogDroids instead of matching Nexus devices.. If this device had been released a month ago you would have had us Verizon. The X's will be fine for us for several more months.. We've decided to wait for the Galaxy S3 expected early to mid 2012 to do battle the iphone5. Hopefully Verizon will get that device once released from Samsung. If not weve decided to leave VZ and roll with another carrier to get it.. A choice that almost happened when Verizon failed to get the Galaxy S2 earlier this year. As a tech dork, i was heart broken not to have SGS2, arguably one of the nicest handhelds in the world.. Now that Christmas has inched ever closer. the Nexus money is being used for an even nicer holiday for everyone here. My twin  Daughters have a pair of 7" plus samsung tabs coming for Christmas.. Highly recommended btw! DC 1.2ghz Exynos awesomness, and a 4000 ma battery, beautiful display, etc... Almost got the acer 7's, but the battery sucked and qualtity just doesn't compare.. Now im off subject, Bye bye all...

0 Likes
BrandonC

I really would like to spend some money at Verizon but I am not going to be stuck with a phone I am not going to be happy with for two years and really after looking at the razr and the rezound neither one are the right one for me.

I normally wouldn't mind the wait for a good phone, but my droid is barely useable now. I have removed pretty much every app off of it in and it just creaks on by as a crashing, crappy battery feature phone. This is not what a smartphone is supposed to be about.

I am almost to the point I may have to buy and return one of the new phones but I fear verizon might push the date of the nexus out past Jan 15th.

0 Likes
Scooby_Rex

The worst part about this whole launch is Verizon being so tight-lipped about any status changes.  Everything is being left to the imagination of those waiting for the phone.  THIS IS NOT A GOOD THING.  The lack of communication is astounding and hurtful to Verizon's reputation for several reasons.

1st:  It allows people to think very negative theories.  You've seen them everywhere now.  "Verizon just wants us to buy the other phones", "Verizon does not care about its customers", etc...  Why would Verizon want negativity instilled in its customers?

2nd:  It allows bloggers to post incorrect launch dates.  You've seen these too.  Verizon Galaxy Nexus will be available on the 17th.  No wait, it's the 21st.  Then a (supposedly) confirmed source says it will be available on the 29th.  All of these dates have come and gone, and shock of all shocks, it's not available yet.  There has been a sign-up page for well over a month from Samsung, Google, and Verizon WITHOUT ONE SINGLE UPDATE.   A simple status update either to those who signed up or on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus landing page could eliminate all of these rumors.

3rd:  No pre-order available yet.  Carriers in other countries are either selling the Galaxy Nexus or taking pre-orders.  I know the LTE version is different but this still makes Verizon look very bad.  It also leads to more negative theories (refer to reason #1).  Taking pre-orders without a definitive date would be better than not at all.

4th:  People are leaving Verizon for other carriers who have the Galaxy S2.  They aren't even given a tad bit of hope the Galaxy Nexus is going to be available any time soon.  I know Verizon doesn't want to lose customers.

5th:  Others who don't leave will buy a RAZR/Rezound/iPhone only to return it when the Galaxy Nexus becomes available.  I can only imaging hundreds of these other phones being returned the same day the Galaxy Nexus is in stores.  That's going to be an administrative nightmare.  Yes they charge the restocking fee... wait, another theory!

I don't see anything positive by not providing any communication.  Anything they could possibly be hiding worried about affecting their reputation can't be worse than what is happening now.  This silent treatment is not helping.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Actually giving hard dates are a bad thing. In the past 2 years there have been lawsuits when a company gives a soft date with no promises. It's a catch 22. If I was in the same situation I would keep my mouth shut too. Why bother with litigation over something that isn't promised and people are over zealous. Hard to have a happy medium when customers tend to be on either side of the spectrum.
0 Likes
Scooby_Rex

Tidbits wrote:
Actually giving hard dates are a bad thing. In the past 2 years there have been lawsuits when a company gives a soft date with no promises. It's a catch 22. If I was in the same situation I would keep my mouth shut too. Why bother with litigation over something that isn't promised and people are over zealous. Hard to have a happy medium when customers tend to be on either side of the spectrum.

I'm sure the corporate lawyers are busy.

They should be able to give us a pre-order date.  There's no rule written in stone that says a device has to be available within x number of days from the pre-order date.  I understand things happen and it might not ship immediately.  Just let me order it so I can establish my spot in line and stop stressing over it.

Why setup a "Sign up for more information page" if you're not going to give us any information?  I signed up for more information on the Galaxy Nexus and I've gotten plenty of spam for the Droid RAZR, but nothing about the Nexus.

The silent treatment gives customers the feeling Verizon doesn't care about them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Much like Motorola about the Cliq update that wasn't set in stone and people treated it like it was a promise even though Motorola openly stated it's a soft date?
0 Likes
Xandor

Myself, I would prefer ANYTHING rather than the current silence.  For me it doesn't need to be a date, just some acknowledgement that they are getting the phone and that they wer working on it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Xandor wrote:

Myself, I would prefer ANYTHING rather than the current silence.  For me it doesn't need to be a date, just some acknowledgement that they are getting the phone and that they wer working on it.

Well...  It's there in your face when it comes to that...  Samsung/Google already said an LTE version, and also all their Videos has a Verizon logo on the back of them.  Also Verizon has a banner which leads to a sign up page.  It should be proof enough that they are getting the phone... It honestly must mean they are working on it if they haven't released it yet.

:smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just for example...

Verizon Website - This is their landing page for the Galaxy Nexus

Google Nexus Youtube channel -  Click on the Getting started(US) video.  Notice when they turn over the Galaxy Nexus it says Verizon 4GLTE on it.

So there you have it.  It's coming... Just don't know when...

0 Likes