Where the heck is 2/22 Froyo update
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought we were supposed to get the Froyo yesterday becuse of what others said they found on other sites well I dont have Froyo and now I wonder whats next. I see other phones got it yesterday. I want my Froyo now!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Where the heck is 2/22 Froyo update
FlutterbyFawn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah..... where the heck is it???!!! I didn't get mine either!!!!!!!! We have waited long enough! This is CRAP!!!!

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Verizon never said it would be coming on 2/22.  It was nothing more than a rumor started on a blog site telling Fascinate owners to "keep their calendar open for 2/22".  Granted they were correct about the epic 4G update that started late Monday night.

0 Likes
lindad8284

I have tried to be patient but now I'm getting frustrated and angry and their lack of response to anything. I can't imagine what could be holding this up. I bought my phone in good faith. I just want some kind of response from Verizon.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

neither vzw or samsung ever released and official date.  until they do we just wait

0 Likes
ARossetter
Contributor - Level 1

.. Or buy the HTC Thunderbolt, which comes out tomorrow. 4G phone, and HTC has a much better update track than Samsung does.

OR wait for the Droid Bionic, which comes out in a few months. Dual core CPU, also 4G and both of those phones have a front facing camera.

OR just find your way to the Android Development section of the XDA forums and read about how you can get the Froyo update that's been out for a month.

In any case, complaining to VZW isn't going to help, because it's not going to get the update out faster. Samsung has to pass VZW's QC testing, which from the looks of it they have failed to do so pretty consistently. If you don't like the pace of updates, take matters into your own hands (Just don't blame me if you fail to follow instructions and turn your phone into a $600 paperweight).

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

I just saw this over at the XDA forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11574844&postcount=33

There is no update on 2/22...or 2/23...or February...

I emailed Samsung open source to get an update and here is their response:

[SAMSUNG OSRC COMMENTS DELIVERY NOTIFICATION]

Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your continuous interest on our product.
       New firmware about Froyo is planning to release in March 2011.

Because Verizon has reqeusted the some requirement for Fascinate Froyo version.

Once again,I hope you will accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
       Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

http://www.mydroidworld.com

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

ARossetter wrote:

.. Or buy the HTC Thunderbolt, which comes out tomorrow. 4G phone, and HTC has a much better update track than Samsung does.

I'd almost bet you won't see the Thunderbolt tomorrow.  It's being delayed like the Froyo update for the fascinate. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

you all act like samsung is so terrible. htc released the eris ~november 2009, it didn't have 2.1 until may 14th the following year. the fascinate has gotten numerous updates since it was released, and it's still under the 6 month it took htc to release a new os. so, stop complaining.

0 Likes
mengineer

Well it's official, today AT&T announced the Froyo update for the Captivate will be released tomorrow on their facebook page. Thins came only a few hours after android central mentioned the leaked KB1 update was available. This officially make us the last ones left out in the cold with our Fascinate for the Froyo OTA uodate!

*I thought I'd post this in a couple of the many threads on this.

0 Likes