Which phone instead of Fascinate?
elr

Have had a Fascinate for just about a month. I have ONE very simple need: to be able to receive an email, and reply with an attachment. Same attachment over & over.

So far, regular email app has forced me to install gmail, which forces me to go back into the regular email folder and manually delete around 100 emails a day. Painful waste of time.

But the biggest issue is that I can't reply to an email and attach anything other than pictures. (I can save the document, and then send it, which requires manually typing in email addresses because this option won't pull from contacts. What a waste of time.)

This, quite honestly, is a deal-breaker and since the vibe on here seems to be that Verizon isn't planning on fixing it, I'm going to jump ship. I got the phone at Costco, so I have 90 days to exchange it, but what would you recommend I get instead? I don't want to switch to AT&T, because it's horrible in my area, so I have to stay with verizon. I'd rather not get a blackberry because of the painfully slow web browsing but is there anything that compromises in between?

0 Likes
Re: Which phone instead of Fascinate?
roachman55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just my opinion but I wished I would have gone with the HTC Incredible but didn't because I wanted the bigger screen and Amoled screen but could have went even bigger by getting Droid X. Now I see both those models are getting much better reviews and less complaints. **bleep** I screwed up with the Fasinate and I will not go with AT&T

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
You can try installing a file management app such as e-strongs, it may give you the option to choose an attachment using that. If you still want to go with a different phone, I would go with anything with Droid at the beginning of its name.
0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

If you're within your 30 day WFG and don't mind going back to your old phone, I'd return the Fascinate and hold out a few months. Verizon will  be revealing a couple LTE phones this Friday at CES which will include the likely successor to the Fascinate and what most people have been calling the Incredible HD. 

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

The part about not being able to send group emails without downloading an app is a little frustrating.  If you do this on a regular basis, I can see how it could be even more frustrating depending on how many people are in the group.

One alternative is to download a file manager program (like Androzip or ASTRO File Manager) to attach a file not located in the gallery.  So, coupled with an app for group emailing (like Groupy, Contact Group Manager, and GangBook), you could accomplish your goals of emailing a group of people with any attachment (or sets of attachments).

I know it's 2 additional apps you have to use to perform this task, but I wanted to let you know that what you want to do is possible.

0 Likes
elr

What is CES? And by the way, it's not just a group emai/attachment issue. It's ANY attachment that's not a picture.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

RE: non-photo attachments

It's easy to add ANY type of attachment using the Gmail app.

Method 1: You can find the file by going into "My Files", long tap the file you want to attach, click Share at the pop-up menu, then click Gmail.  This method is not so great for sending attachments to multiple contacts, but you won't need to download any apps.

Method 2:  You can create the email, click the menu button, select Attach, select your file management program (e.g., Androzip, ASTRO File Manager, or as demmo86rt suggests, e-strongs), then click on your file.  But you will need to download the file management program from the Market, and you can find plenty of free options, so you won't need to pay for them.

RE: mass emails

An alternative method to sending a mass email (if you don't want to download the additional app, although the app is easier if it's a list you use constantly) is to click on Contacts, tap your menu button, click More, Send Email, and then to check each person on your contacts you'd like to send this email to, and then selecting whether you'd like to send in Gmail or your another email account.  If you'd like to attach something that isn't a picture, you will need to select Gmail.  But I still recommend using one of the group email apps.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

CES is a large consumer electronics trade show where carriers and manufactures show off their upcoming products.  Looks like Verizon is scheduled for Jan 6th at 4pm and will be broadcast live on their facebook page. 

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Provided is a link to view all of the devices Verizon Wireless offers, you can view the features and view comments about the different devices to make a selection.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

0 Likes
Rashid

Get a computer if you need email the heck with phone if it dont work but still is best phone i have seen

0 Likes