Why Don't The Apps On My Galaxy S7 Stay On SD Card?
LIOROM99

Why do apps that have been moved to the SD card constantly move back to the phone storage?

It seems that after every app update the apps migrate back.  I have to constantly move the apps back to the SD card to preserve my storage capacity since nearly 16GB of the 32 GB are already utilized from the get-go.

How do I get apps to remain on the SD Card?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIOROM99, thanks for reaching out to us and I know how important it is to save applications to your SD card to save space on your device. When an application is updated, it installs a new version of the application to the internal storage. Applications are installed to internal storage by default and this is completely normal when you update an application on the Android operating system. If you need additional help please visit our support page or let us know if you have additional questions for us. http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LIOROM99, thanks for reaching out to us and I know how important it is to save applications to your SD card to save space on your device. When an application is updated, it installs a new version of the application to the internal storage. Applications are installed to internal storage by default and this is completely normal when you update an application on the Android operating system. If you need additional help please visit our support page or let us know if you have additional questions for us. http://vz.to/1kDL3MI

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes