Why Is My Clock At The Wrong Time After An Update?
MOSSBIRD

My phone just upgraded, and now my clock im an hour behind. Automatic time and date is turned on

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wrong time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOSSBIRD,

We want to ensure your time is reflecting correctly in your device. This was a known issue with the update to Nougat on some Samsung devices but has since been corrected. While turning the Automatic time and date option was a temporary work around, we do want to ensure your phone will automatically update when traveling outside of your time zone so you don't have to manually change it each time. If you do currently have that setting turned off, please turn it back on. Then, please remove and reinsert your SIM card in your device (while it's powered off) as follows:  http://vz.to/1TApMJC. This will allow your SIM card to update to the towers on power up. Please let us know if your time did update and if it's showing correctly after doing so.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off the Automatic time zone setting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MOSSBIRD,

We want to ensure your time is reflecting correctly in your device. This was a known issue with the update to Nougat on some Samsung devices but has since been corrected. While turning the Automatic time and date option was a temporary work around, we do want to ensure your phone will automatically update when traveling outside of your time zone so you don't have to manually change it each time. If you do currently have that setting turned off, please turn it back on. Then, please remove and reinsert your SIM card in your device (while it's powered off) as follows:  http://vz.to/1TApMJC. This will allow your SIM card to update to the towers on power up. Please let us know if your time did update and if it's showing correctly after doing so.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are you in an area with or no dst??

0 Likes