Why am I not receiving emergency alerts
mjmcnamee1221

Why am I not receiving Emergency Alerts?  Our town just received an Amber Alert and I didn't get the alert, but my husband sitting next to me did.  I checked the settings and all alerts are turned on.  The last Emergency Alert I received was in September 2015.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I not receiving emergency alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mjmcnamee1221 - We always want to ensure you're getting emerrgency alert detail. I'm here to help. I'm glad you were able to verify that your alerts are turned on. In order to get an alert, you cannot be engaged in a voice call or data session. Amber Alerts are specifically provided by FEMA and not VZW and should come so long as you have not opted out of the alerts, are getting a good signal and you're not currently engaged in a voice call or active data session. Here's a few more FAQs to be aware of:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mjmcnamee1221 - We always want to ensure you're getting emerrgency alert detail. I'm here to help. I'm glad you were able to verify that your alerts are turned on. In order to get an alert, you cannot be engaged in a voice call or data session. Amber Alerts are specifically provided by FEMA and not VZW and should come so long as you have not opted out of the alerts, are getting a good signal and you're not currently engaged in a voice call or active data session. Here's a few more FAQs to be aware of:  http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/wireless-emergency-alerts-faqs/

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jjcotton

I'm not getting any alerts on my HTC One M8. Yesterday we had severe weather (tornados) and nothing. I'm also not getting any amber alerts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those alerts are certainly important to receive jjcotton. We hope you were able to stay safe during your recent storms. Let’s get these working again for you. Do you have the Windows or Android version of the M8? Have you received them before on this phone? Are all your other notifications and alerts are working?

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes
jjcotton

I have an android HTC One M8. Alerts are turned on and I get nothing. I did get amber alerts at one time via text but nothing now. I don't get anything on weather alerts. All alerts are turned on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jjcotton,

We definitely want for you to get these important alerts on your phone. I know that I rely on them. Thank you for the extra details. Do you know if you have the most up to date software on the phone? To check for a software update, please go to Settings, System Update, Check New.  Do you have any physical or liquid damage to the phone by chance? Are you receiving normal notifications to your phone such as when you get a new text or email?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The same holds true for my Samsung Galaxy S4. If it can be done, I might try deleting the app, reload it and see if that makes any difference.

I am able to receive weather alerts from another app on my phone.

0 Likes
jjcotton

My phone is up to date. No damage and hasn't gotten wet. I get messages, phone calls, and weather alerts from other apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you missing out on any alerts. We suggest that you select the Emergency Alerts icon from the home screen. It will tell you if you have any active alerts in your area. Select the box in the top right corner with the 3 vertical dots and then select Settings. From there you should be able to select which alerts you want to receive.

RobertH_VZW

0 Likes