Why can't I access 4G LTE?
HeatherP15
Enthusiast - Level 1

After I did an update a couple days ago my 4G LTE went away and now I bounce back and forth between 3G and 1X. Any suggestions???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4G LTE
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your preferred network in Settings, sometimes it will reset to Global, and it should be set at LTE/CDMA if you are within the US.  When it's set to Global, I've found that connections and data are flaky, so resetting it to LTE/CDMA fixes things.

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Power down your phone, remove the back, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, wait a couple minutes and then reinstall everything again, see if that helps.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your preferred network in Settings, sometimes it will reset to Global, and it should be set at LTE/CDMA if you are within the US.  When it's set to Global, I've found that connections and data are flaky, so resetting it to LTE/CDMA fixes things.

HeatherP15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do I need to power off my phone for it to take effect? I switched it to LTE/CDMA.

0 Likes
HeatherP15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got it! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No, you don't. You'll see it go grey for a second and then come back on. Excellent, did switching it to LTE/CDMA work?

I've personally never noticed a difference in my signal by switching, but then again I don't do it every time I hit a new city. I should start keeping an eye just to see.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad it helped!

PS - to MiiHere - I do notice a difference in signal and connection quality from Global to LTE/CDMA.  At times my phone will/would spontaneously switch to Global with me unaware, and it would not be working well at all - dropped calls, poor call quality, low signal, and other glitches.  Checking settings to troubleshoot, I would see that it was set to Global....so I'd reset it to LTE/CDMA, and the issues would resolve.  It may not work for everyone or every situation, but I am convinced it does make a difference!

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm wondering if location has anything to do with it; state, what you border etc. Good to know for sure!

0 Likes