Why can't I send mms messages?
nylisa

I have been to the end of the internet and back trying to find out why and how I can fix.

I have done all of the usual fixes and I still cannot get or receive any pictures aka MMS texts. Sometimes I get the "message downloading" notification, but still never can get the pic.

I am moved over from an iPhone, but I deregistered imessage almost 6 weeks ago.

This is beyond upsetting and annoying!

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't send mms and/or pics
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nylisa,

Thanks for continuing to work this issue out with us. I'm confident that we're very close to a resolution here.

How much storage is currently available on your devce?

Please also test the device in safe mode and check results of MMS messaging; http://vz.to/1ITwF1l.

Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nylisa

I can only imagine how frustrating this has become for you!  I would love to assist in resolving this device issue for you.

First, I'd need to ask you a few questions.  You mentioned changing from an iPhone device to this Samsung device.  Which Samsung Galaxy S device are you using, the S6 or the S6 Edge?  Have you ever been able to download picture messages on this device?  Are you able to send picture messages without error?  Lastly, are you able to make a successful data connection using any other data applications on this device?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nylisa

I have the 6S Edge.

I was at one point able to get pics and send to individuals, never to groups. But now when I scroll back into all my texts, I cannot see any of the pics. I did not notice this until now.

I cannot send pics. I try to send and just nothing happens: not an error or a confirmation that it was sent.

I can make other data connections. Everything else is working fine. 

As I said I have been all over the internet, lots of people said about the APN settings solved their similar problem. Mine says its the Verizon default one, most of it is grayed out, I cannot make changes or ADD another option.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming, @nylisa!  I appreciate you doing the in-depth research trying to resolve this issue.  Let's dig a little deeper.

Which messaging application are you using to send and receive picture messages, the default Messages application, the Verizon Messages (Message+) application or have you installed another 3rd party text messaging application?  Are you connected to WiFi when you're trying to perform this step?  If so, please disable WiFi and see if the pictures will open.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
nylisa

I deleted all other text apps and am now using the stock messenger app which still does not work. I also disabled google hangouts as I heard that was sometimes an issue.

Tonight as an experiment from when I found on your site, I tried to Verizon messages app - still no pictures.

I am connected to WIFI. The pics don't work when I turn off WIFI either. I get a message on the verizon text app that "sorry you cannot add this image to your message'"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nylisa,

Thanks for continuing to work this issue out with us. I'm confident that we're very close to a resolution here.

How much storage is currently available on your devce?

Please also test the device in safe mode and check results of MMS messaging; http://vz.to/1ITwF1l.

Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW

0 Likes
Snoopy05
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this issue and Verizon is doing nothing.  I'm not troubleshooting.  This is an apparent known issue but Verizon wants me to do the work.  I think I'll go to Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left the family Snoopy05. We are always willing to help you in anyway we can. I know troubleshooting can be time consuming but it is a necessary step to help you. What application are you using for your messaging? What is the make and model of your device? What happens when you send a picture message? 

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes