Why can't I turn on my Galaxy Nexus?
iamrunningoutofoption

I used my Galaxy Nexus yesterday and it is fully charged.  I cannot turn the phone on today and the phone was not damaged in the interim.  The screen remains black and the phone will not turn on.  It was purchased 6 months ago.  What is wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I turn on my Galaxy Nexus?
budone
Legend

Pull the battery. Wait a minute replace, attempt to power up, by holding the power button down for 5-7 seconds, then release

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Maybe you're not it's type.

I'll be here all week.  Remember to tip your waitress.

If the phone's plugged in and powered off, I've found that I have to hold the power button as long as 30 seconds to get it to turn on.  Hold the button continuously until it vibrates.  It starts much more quickly (about 5 seconds) when it's not plugged in.  If it's still dong nothing after 30 seconds of holding the power button, do the battery pull thing.

0 Likes
Dave2525

I had the same thing. Pushing the button for a minute did nothing. Popping the battery out did nothing. Had to get a new phone sent to me. Through using the VZ backup Assistant, I was able to keep my contacts, but lost all the photos and movies I took. I would have thought they would be backed up, but apparently not.

0 Likes