Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why can't I turn on my Galaxy Nexus?
iamrunningoutofoption

I used my Galaxy Nexus yesterday and it is fully charged.  I cannot turn the phone on today and the phone was not damaged in the interim.  The screen remains black and the phone will not turn on.  It was purchased 6 months ago.  What is wrong?

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I turn on my Galaxy Nexus?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Pull the battery. Wait a minute replace, attempt to power up, by holding the power button down for 5-7 seconds, then release

0 Likes
jtown
Novice

Maybe you're not it's type.

I'll be here all week.  Remember to tip your waitress.

If the phone's plugged in and powered off, I've found that I have to hold the power button as long as 30 seconds to get it to turn on.  Hold the button continuously until it vibrates.  It starts much more quickly (about 5 seconds) when it's not plugged in.  If it's still dong nothing after 30 seconds of holding the power button, do the battery pull thing.

0 Likes
Dave2525

I had the same thing. Pushing the button for a minute did nothing. Popping the battery out did nothing. Had to get a new phone sent to me. Through using the VZ backup Assistant, I was able to keep my contacts, but lost all the photos and movies I took. I would have thought they would be backed up, but apparently not.

0 Likes