Why did S Health stop counting steps?
cjxer

I installed patch G900VVRU2BOK3 on my S5 on 1/5/2016 at 1:45 pm.  S Health stopped counting steps at the same time.  I paused and re-enabled the step counting, and have restarted the phone. Still not working.  Should I see about reverting the prior firmware? or is there another solution? Thanks!.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I installed patch G900VVRU2BOK3 on my S5 and S Health stopped counting steps.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very glad to hear that you have the most up to date software available on your phone. It sounds like there may need to be some adjustment to the S Health app itself which we would be unable to do here. However though the app itself you can contact the developer directly with the step counting concerns. They will very likely release an update sonner than later to restore this functionality to your app. You can also contact Samsung directly through here http://spr.ly/6585BX1ad
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I installed patch G900VVRU2BOK3 on my S5 and S Health stopped counting steps.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are expected to make a phone better, not worse, cjxer. Let’s find out what’s causing this. Have any other applications been impacted? How is the rest of the phone (talk, text, data) working since the update?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cjxer

All other apps appear to be running normally. No problems with talk, text, data, bluetooth, or wi-fi.

And the S Health app seems to be working with the exception of the step counting function.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very glad to hear that you have the most up to date software available on your phone. It sounds like there may need to be some adjustment to the S Health app itself which we would be unable to do here. However though the app itself you can contact the developer directly with the step counting concerns. They will very likely release an update sonner than later to restore this functionality to your app. You can also contact Samsung directly through here http://spr.ly/6585BX1ad
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes