Why do sales reps say that the Fascinate is the iPhone's competition?
biggrikk

Verizon phone sales reps keep saying that the Fascinate is a major competitor to the iPhone. How can that be when I have queried the Internet top to bottom looking for solutions to some of my favorite iPhone capabilities.

Some of the things that I loved about the iPhone.

1. The ability to snap a picture of any web page content and save it in your photo album.
  2. Save photos of items from phone apps like eBay or Amazon.com so you can show people what you want for your birthday or Christmas, etc.
  3. Snap a picture of your desktop contents/apps pages.
  4. The ability to copy and save text from applications like Facebook. Comes in handy when you have a friend in a foreign country and that person always writes in his native language. You can copy the text and paste it in a translator app.
0 Likes
Re: Why do sales reps say that the Fascinate is the iPhone's competition?
Wildman
Legend

I thought that the iPhone comparison days was over, every device that came out was listed as a iPhone killer but I really never got the whole hype about the device because it just seems like a phone that keeps getting spit out without any new design... But that's my opinion.

Now as why they classify the Fascinate as a competition because the obvious attempt to duplicate Apples design, the Fascinate has similar icons and layout, transitions are similar as well as the design of the devices case is clearly a reproduction.  As long as they due this type of methods when designing Samsung devices they will keep being compared by a user that hasn't used both to identify the differences.

0 Likes
radtech
You can do All of that on your fascinate, my wife has an iPhone 3gs and it sucks,i would never buy an iPhone,i keep hearing how superior it is to android and my fascinate out does her phone at every turn.
0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

Hold down the back button right next to the search on the bottom of the phone

while you are holding it down hit the power button and it will capture any screen you have open on your phone

the pictures are stored in the Gallery

After you get used to it I prefer Android

Here is a picture that I used this on

0 Likes
biggrikk

Okay. Thanks for the info. Now that the screen capture is figured out. Do you know how to copy and save text from the Facebook app?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you tried a long press on the screen to see if you can get copy/select text options?

You may also be able to sign into one of mobile user friendly facebook website and be able to select text there. I think one was touch.facebook.com

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wardcst24
Contributor - Level 2

biggrikk wrote:

Okay. Thanks for the info. Now that the screen capture is figured out. Do you know how to copy and save text from the Facebook app?

I don't use facebook sorry

0 Likes
DonM
Contributor - Level 2

Ann154 wrote:
Have you tried a long press on the screen to see if you can get copy/select text options?

You may also be able to sign into one of mobile user friendly facebook website and be able to select text there. I think one was touch.facebook.com

A long press just offers up the options to "Like or Comment" and "see the users profile". This appears to be a lack of functionality in the Android Facebook app as opposed to the iPhone Facebook app. I nosed around the app for a while and never found a copy & paste option anywhere.

0 Likes
AirunJae

The reason they say the Fascinate is the major competitor is because for some insane reason Verizon didn't bring the Samsung Galaxy S2 to the table...

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

AirunJae wrote:

The reason they say the Fascinate is the major competitor is because for some insane reason Verizon didn't bring the Samsung Galaxy S2 to the table...

insane? going with the nexus prime a pure google phone seems like a very very sane idea to me

0 Likes