Why does my wi-fi not work after the update?
Mwheeler204

Major WiFi and mobile network connection issues since the latest update. Unable to load data in most apps on WiFi. This is on all WiFi networks I connect too. Not just mine at home. Unable to load things on Facebook, Pandora buffers after every song to the point that I have to kill the app and restart it, Google play music won't load and voice mail isn't working. Being that we no longer get unlimited data with Verizon and I am pretty much forced to use mobile data now I am not happy. Especially when that won't even load things correctly. I have tried turning mobile data and WiFi off and on, restarting my phone, removing my sim card and putting it back in. Nothing will work. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
mamajessica
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realized I had power saving mode on when this started happening. Once I turned power saving mode off and tested again, no more error code and able to access the voicemail from my cell ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working WiFI connection is important, Mwheeler204. I appreciate you testing this issue with multiple WiFI networks. What device do you have? Are any errors experienced?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mwheeler204

I have a galaxy s6 Edge. I'm not getting any specific error codes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mwheeler204,

I use the WiFi on my phone as my main data source, so I totally understand how this is impacting you. Let's gather some additional information so we can get your phone working the way it should. Since this started happening after the phone's software was updated, we'd like to try wiping the cached data. This does not erase any of your personal data from the phone. The steps are listed here http://vz.to/1WhHe50 in the "Clear All Cached Data" section.

Once done, test out your Wifi connection to see if you notice an improvement. Keep us posted.

ShawnteJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ๏ฟฝCorrect Answer๏ฟฝ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mwheeler204

This did not fix my issue. I did find one error code for one of the problems. My voicemail isn't working and I'm getting an error code 9007 for that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I thank you for trying, Mwheeler204. Can you tell me what's going on with your voicemail? What happens when you try to use it?

DionM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ๏ฟฝCorrect Answer๏ฟฝ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mwheeler204, we're not giving up. Let's try a few more steps to resolve this. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or our data network when you have this issue of accessing your voice mail? Are you subscribing to Basic Voice mail or Visual Voice mail.

For more information regarding Visual Voice mail, click http://vz.to/1HVjs3p

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mamajessica
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issues; however, with my Note 5.  I do have power saving mode on.

I already tried the clearing cache and started getting error code 9007 only after I cleared the cache.

I was able to access my voicemail from a landline but that isn't going to help me if one is not available during time of immediate need.

And the battery drain is awful as well.  Basically, I can hardly utilize my phone for it's main purposes and the quality of the phone has been majorly affected by this update.

mamajessica
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issues; however, with my Note 5.  I was not on WiFi when the voicemail stopped working and I already tried the clearing cache.  I only started getting error code 9007 after I cleared the cache.  And the batter drain is awful as well.  Also note I have power saving mode on.

Basically, I can hardly utilize my phone for it's main purposes. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mamajessica We're sorry to hear that the update has caused you so many device issues. We will work through this together and get your phone back to normal. How long ago did you update your device? What troubleshooting steps did you try?

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes
mamajessica
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realized I had power saving mode on when this started happening. Once I turned power saving mode off and tested again, no more error code and able to access the voicemail from my cell ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was also having Wifi issues after the update and had commented on a discussion on here a few days ago. Someone on the discussion mentioned a bug being the power saver mode and to turn it off. I did that last Thursday and have not had a problem since. My battery does drain, but I have chargers in my car and at work for that.

TvlAgent
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issues as everyone else - throughout the community it appears this is a common complaint.  They wanted me to wipe out my phone and reload - that is not acceptable. Have spent several hours on the phone w/ tech.  Verizon can not even access the phone remotely.  Very sad for what we pay and these all being relatively new.  I hope they get a fix released very soon.  Visual Voicemail chooses when it will work. 

0 Likes
cahillsr
Enthusiast - Level 3

mamajessica is correct!! the fix is to turn off  battery saver. This will fix your problem

0 Likes
TvlAgent
Enthusiast - Level 2

It worked!  Thank you.  Let's hope it continues....and why didn't the 4 agents at Verizon know about this.

Now, my email may start syncing again.  My facebook app says it's not connected most of the time....so hopefully this was the trick.

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

It helped my Facebook app when I did it last week! It has worked great since I have turned mine off and it's been a little over a week.

TvlAgent
Enthusiast - Level 2

They made it sound like I was the only one.  So happy this isn't the case.  Good deal!  Appreciate the help.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes