Why doesn't our beloved Galaxy Nexus support Google Wallet?
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

why doesn't our beloved Galaxy Nexus support Google Wallet? 

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't our beloved Galaxy Nexus support Google Wallet?
jpinsl

The Nexus hardware does support GW. It's Verizon that doesn't allow it. Coincidentally, Verizon is test launching the competing ISIS Wallet, which also is not (yet?) compatible with the Nexus either.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know people who are using GW on their VZW galaxy Nexus and works beautifully.  I was wondering why the official OS does not support it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read the other discussions on this community regarding this topic. A quick search for the main page of the community will yield you several threads.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did and there was nothing on google wallet.  It is all Isis.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Found at least 15 threads or more with a few second search.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=false&containerType=14&container=1&q...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Actually Ann, I tried this w/ that posted link to mediafire and others....I can't run it, it keeps wanting to update then I get the message "Your device isn't compatible w/ this version.....it worked fine for a while.  Am I the only one that is blocked from using it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you talking about trying to download the APK file? I guess I don't understand what you are asking here?

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry, I thought I was clear....I downloaded the apk, but as soon as it's installed I get the message that Goggle no longer supports this version and end up opening up the app in google play.   The use of google wallet is blocked on my phone as an updated is insisted upon then I'm denied the update as my device isn't compatible.  I even selected not to auto update....it made no difference.  I someone has a workaround, I'd appreciate the info.

I guess Isis was released to a few cities for a test run yesterday

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There were a few threads in here and elsewhere  where people had been able to install Wallet through a workaround and then later an update broke their ability to use the application. What you describe sounds like those situations of the others. I don't use and see no reason to Wallet myself. I find the idea has potential for the future so I try to follow the industry news about it.

0 Likes