Re: Why doesn't our beloved Galaxy Nexus support Google Wallet?
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Once I got the update to 4.1.1 when I went to access my Google Wallet app I got the message that it needed to be updated. I went to my followers on G+ and asked for help. A nice person was kind enough to send my the updated APK version 1.5-R79-v5 . You need to find this and install it then you'll be able to buy whatever you want at Circle K and Mc.Donalds xD

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

@GreenRobot,

I got the apk version 1.5-R79-v5 as well.  However, when I try to side load it, it says,  "App not installed."  And doesn't install the app.  Which is why I am rather frustrated.  Google Wallet is an excellent app.  Also, who knows when Verizon will release Isis for use by the general community.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read here what Google said about Verizon.

Google Admits Verizon Galaxy Nexus Wasn’t A Good Experience

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/29/google-admits-galaxy-nexus-lte-wasnt-a-great-user-experience...

Looks like after all these years and my old unlimited data plan which I will lose with the purchase of my next phone, I will be switching to AT&T

No reason in Los Angeles to stay with Verizon.  Is there?

C'mon Verizon do the right thing.  There is still time to keep your geeky customers.

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

That's only if you pay the subsidized price. In other words, if you buy

the phone at full price, you get to keep your unlimited plan. You can also

do what I did, which was buy the phone from a third party and activate it

replacing your old phone.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I found a link on android forums and stuck it in my dropbox also.....the last 4 versions I've downloaded didn't work but this one did....you still get that message at the top "unsupported device learn more" but it works.  I noticed dropbox has been deleting the apk as there are a lot of bad dropbox links out there.  Here's >Link deleted< I did force stop the previous wallet and if the cache is available, clear that also(mine wasn't)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.

0 Likes
2insdad
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great point.  No need for subsidized pricing.

I might still be a Verizon customer after all.

Thank you.

I also have another GN with the 4 GB Plan.  Can I give that number my unlimited plan?

0 Likes
gernerttl
Contributor - Level 1

I tried that it still wouldn't install.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM, cynindesign

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Open google wallet in settings....mine was disabled, make sure yours is enabled, force stop and clear cache if the cache is available....as I said mine wasn't.....also it wasn't in the downloaded section I had to choose "all"