Why is the FM tuner disabled on my Galaxy S5 phone?
mluke
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the FM tuner on my Galaxy S5 phone disabled? Can this be fixed? What's wrong with this phone?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is the FM tuner disabled on my Galaxy S5 phone?
Not applicable

Verizon disable the FM tuners on all phones. That's is just what they choose to do. No there is nothing you can do about it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon disable the FM tuners on all phones. That's is just what they choose to do. No there is nothing you can do about it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They haven't disabled it on ALL phones. Some phone models were released with the FM tuner available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

They haven't disabled it on ALL phones. Some phone models were released with the FM tuner available.

Which ones?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HTC Thunderbolt for one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Bionic was released with the FM tuner available (and I think at least one other Droid), but the capability was removed during a later update.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thunderbolts was released in March 2011, Bionic was released in Sept 2011. So let me rephrase. Any phones with XLTE capability that also have FM tuners enabled?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The HTC One M8 once the user sideloads the application.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ann154 wrote:

The HTC One M8 once the user sideloads the application.

Ok let me be even more clear. Any Verizon phones that have a functioning FM tuner out of the box without any hacks or rooting? Seriously I swear some of you long timers are being deliberately obtuse because I know you're not actually obtuse.

0 Likes