Why isn't voice dialing working?
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. I cannot get voice dialing to work on my new GN3. I have voice control & hands-free mode on. When I press the call button on my bluetooth the screen lights up but I hear nothing in the earpiece. If I open the cover a message tells me to 'tap the screen' to call; when I speak, nothing happens. I was using an older Motorola H720 bluetooth so I bought a new Jabra Wave and set it up- the same result. It seems the only way I can make a voice call is to open the cover and tap the screen, which makes no sense. With my old RAZR I just pressed the call button on my bluetooth and spoke my command.

What am I doing wrong?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice dialing isn't working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be frustrating when features and accessories you pay for are not working up to par cadre.216. I have reviewed this issue, and it does appear to be a glitch in the software at this time. For now, I would have to recommend leaving the cover open while driving to accomodate the hands free feature, until the issue has been corrected.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cardre.216,

I understand how important it is to be able to use voice commands via bluetooth when driving. If you leave the cover open before trying to make a call via bluetooth are you able to complete a call?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Lindsey. Yes, if I leave the cover open the voice dialing works. I hope there is a work-around here as that cover was pretty costly, I would hate to have to decide between that and the voice dial feature.

cadre

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It can be frustrating when features and accessories you pay for are not working up to par cadre.216. I have reviewed this issue, and it does appear to be a glitch in the software at this time. For now, I would have to recommend leaving the cover open while driving to accomodate the hands free feature, until the issue has been corrected.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
cadre_216
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cadre.216, anytime. Thank you for your patience and thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes