Why only 4 windows in the Browser?
brncon

Is there a way to get more than 4 windows open in the browser? Before 2.2 you could get 8 now only! Really! What is the Deal here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why only 4 windows in the Browser?
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

brncon wrote:

Is there a way to get more than 4 windows open in the browser? Before 2.2 you could get 8 now only! Really! What is the Deal here?

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concern and I have not heard of this issue with the device as reported. However, as a suggestion, power off your device for a full minute (perhaps removing the battery) and then power up it up. This will do a soft reset. Then use the steps below to try and open the browsers windows. Per the Manuel you should be able to have up to eight windows open at one time. Please make try switching between windows because you could have one opened in the behind another window. I have also given steps to adjust the browser settings to have this feature enabled.  I hope this helps. 

1. From the Home screen, select Browser.

2. To open a new window, touch Menu New window.

3. To switch to another open window, touch Menu Windows. Touch a window to display it.

Browser Settings 1. From the Home screen, select Browser.

2. Touch Menu, then More, then Settings. Look for: Page content settings where you can open a window in background. When enabled, new windows open behind the current window.

For more assistance, please use this link as a website reference: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528&m=

View solution in original post

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

brncon wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your concern and I have not heard of this issue with the device as reported. However, as a suggestion, power off your device for a full minute (perhaps removing the battery) and then power up it up. This will do a soft reset. Then use the steps below to try and open the browsers windows. Per the Manuel you should be able to have up to eight windows open at one time. Please make try switching between windows because you could have one opened in the behind another window. I have also given steps to adjust the browser settings to have this feature enabled.  I hope this helps. 

1. From the Home screen, select Browser.

2. To open a new window, touch Menu New window.

3. To switch to another open window, touch Menu Windows. Touch a window to display it.

Browser Settings 1. From the Home screen, select Browser.

2. Touch Menu, then More, then Settings. Look for: Page content settings where you can open a window in background. When enabled, new windows open behind the current window.

For more assistance, please use this link as a website reference: http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5528&m=

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There are also alternative browsers to choose from in the Market.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
brncon

True but the browser that comes with is still the better option so I would rather use that! But Thanks

0 Likes
brncon

It still only gives me 4 windows and that is it so... 

0 Likes
brncon

Is anyone else having this same issue? Can't just be me

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Maybe most people don't open more than four windows at time. Maybe Samsung and VZW decided to limit it. I don't know.

I know that I generally don't open more than four windows. I also use a alternative browser for more functionality. On my Eris though, I just have the stock browser. As a test, I was able to open nine windows and I had to think hard for sites I could remember their URL.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes