Why won't Verizon Messages+ show message content on Android 6.0?
zmedhaug

Since updating to Android 6.0 this app won't show the massages in the notification bar or on the lock screen. It just shows the person who messaged. I don't want to see who text at a glance I want to see the full message! And to top it off if I use pop up over lock screen I never get it to ring or vibrate when I get a text. This worked on Android 5.0+.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Message+ not showing message content on Android 6.0
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you see the messages you want, zmedhaug. Let's look closer. What device do you have? We want to make sure your current application is up to date as well.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zmedhaug

My application is up to date. I have the Nexus 6.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is out goal to get this application up and running for you. For clarification purposes, which application are you using for your text messages?
NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zmedhaug

Verizon Messages+

My app is updated. My Settings are correct. Everyone with a Verizon Nexus 6 has reported the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zmedhug We certainly don’t want you to have issues with your Nexus 6. Please share a few details as to what is happening so we can start our troubleshooting.
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zmedhaug

I have been for six days! Cut the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] ! And read the thread!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zmedhaug, We understand wanting your notifications back to how they were. Have you toggled the text message notification? Could you clear the App Cache http://spr.ly/6584BicAK
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zmedhaug, we are here for you and my apologies that this is taking too long. Please go into settings > Sound & notification > App notifcations, confirm with us that messaging is on the list to verify the notification settings. Please  keep us posted. http://vz.to/1qpjhwl

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
zmedhaug

Yes

Show on lock screen and

Allow peeking are on

0 Likes