Why yahoo/gmail retrieval and facebook app so so slow when in WIFI. But using the internet to check for emails and facebook is fast using the same WIFI connection??
avb76

Why yahoo/gmail retrieval and facebook app so so slow when in WIFI. But using the internet to check for emails and facebook is fast using the same WIFI connection??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why yahoo/gmail retrieval and facebook app so so slow when in WIFI. But using the internet to check for emails and facebook is fast using the same WIFI connection??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details avb76! Try clearing the application data/cache by following here http://vz.to/1HRTkKm (same steps) power off/on and test. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why yahoo/gmail retrieval and facebook app so so slow when in WIFI. But using the internet to check for emails and facebook is fast using the same WIFI connection??
avb76

.... I meant using the browsers (google or internet) to check emails,fb,etc... its fast Smiley Sad, but not thru the app

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

avb76,

I am sorry to hear of the lag with your applications. Do you still have these issues when connected to the data network and not wifi? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the applications you are having issues with?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes
avb76

I don't experience lagging with the emails and fb app when in data network.

as I said only when connected thru a wifi... I don't like to think that Verizon is doing the trick so I would used up my data plan limit quick.

What is odd is when connected thru a WiFi and I'm using a browser... and check my emails it goes fine and also fast on the same WiFi connections.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

avb76,

Since this is happening only on wifi, have you tried resetting your wifi connection? We certainly want you to use wifi when you can. Let us know what you find after resetting your wifi.

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
avb76

Hi SandyS_VZW,

Yes tried resetting the wifi connection and problem still persist.

Here it is...to make it clear. Connected thru the same wifi at home...

-> emails (yahoo/gmail) and facebook WEBSITES are working fine and fast when using/accessing thru a browser (chrome/samsung browser) - no problem with this.

-> emails (yahoo/gmail) and facebook APP is soooooo sloooww (thru the App). Slow I mean comparing it to using their browser/websites... news feeds/emails refreshing so quickly but not when using the APP installed in Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Slow like - It will take around 5-10minutes just to get your emails and news feed refreshed.

THIS HAPPENS ONLY WHEN CONNECTED THRU A WIFI which has a speed of 10-20mb. It is not happening when connected to the network data/plan. Smiley Sad

My wife has the same Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (coming from different provider at&t) - same setup (emails, fb app), same wifi connection, but she's not experiencing anything like it.

Not sure why, I dont want to believe that while connected to a WIFI, Verizon is restricting anything and pissing me off to make me switch to my data plan connection everytime - which is Unfair!

Was there a known issue similar about this case?

thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Avb76,

Thank you for that information. It may simply be that the apps need to be reset. Which make/model phone do you have? We'd be happy to provide you with the steps to clear the cache and force stop the apps.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
avb76

Hi SarahO_VZW,

My phone is a new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 from Verizon.

Can you send the details please.

thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details avb76! Try clearing the application data/cache by following here http://vz.to/1HRTkKm (same steps) power off/on and test. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW

0 Likes