Re: Re: Will Verizon allow unlocked Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P on the network?
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Gee, why didn't I think of that?  I'll use that magic adapter that lets me put a larger SIM into a smaller slot.  Brilliant!

In case you didn't realize, "nano" is currently the smallest SIM size.  You can put a nano SIM into a larger slot using an adapter but reality doesn't work the other way around.  Unless you're suggesting I "adapt" a micro SIM by grinding down the sides and hoping I don't destroy it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Go into a Verizon store while you have your old phone. Buy a $1-3 adapter kit and use that until you get your new Nexus in November(yes November as if you read their promo it says preorder by Oct 25th, and not order by). You have plenty of time.

Tidbits
Legend

Verizon should be able to give you a free one. I have never had trouble getting one from a corporate store. A retailer however is a different story.

So use your old device and use it with the Nano sim until you get your Nexus.

Re: Will Verizon allow unlocked Nexus 5X or Nexus 6P on the network?
Snn5
Legend

jtown wrote:

Gee, why didn't I think of that?  I'll use that magic adapter that lets me put a larger SIM into a smaller slot.  Brilliant!

Yep, maybe you should have thought about putting a nano into a "larger SIM" adapter, making the nano work in the micro SIM (or whatever size), but, you didn't think of that, so..............Brilliant!

0 Likes
tradeintrick
Contributor - Level 3

The answer is yes, however you maybe have issue on activation since few people knows it.

0 Likes
lebnan60

You can also cut the sim card to fit. I did that when changing from the Droid DNA to the Droid Turbo. I was nervous so I bought a sim cutter for about $4, but there are instructions online to do it without the cutter. It was pretty easy.

0 Likes