Will there be a 4.2.1 update now that Nexus is EOL?
keefie9986

Is there any way we can ask Verizon if an update for Nexus is even planned at this point? Seems like we are hearing complaints about lackof delivery dats, but do we know at this point if the update is even planned?

Just curious. couple features in the new software I would like to have, but don't know if I can even expect one.

thanks

0 Likes
Re: Will there be a 4.2.1 update now that Nexus is EOL?
lindseja
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who knows.  If you ask them I'm sure the response will be "We have no information at this time regarding updates for the GNex."  or "The GNex is already running the current software!" 

Verizon hasn't cared about this phone or the people who bought it since it came out in 2011.  Why would they care now?

0 Likes
rotocat
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, Verizon refuses to state if or when any given handset is no longer even in the "Possibility of an update."  They would rather you just wait and wait and hope than just say it is not longer ever going to get updates. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There is a reason why they'll never state it. People set the bar with lawsuits and treat projected dates as promises. No manufacturer or carrier will ever give a specific date only.

0 Likes