Won't send MMS before and after doing froyo 2.2 update
ckrystofiak

Soooo, last night my phone decided to stop sending MMS messages. I could recieve just fine, but not send. Just got the standard "failed" message. I did notice that this mainly happened when I went out of 3G service, but still had full bars...the 1x box was replacing the 3G box.

I've never had any issues even in the middle of no where Wisconsin until yesterday. I live in a larger city, so reception is not a problem..I have 3-4 bars at any given time. So I decided to try a software update (froyo 2.2) which now I am totally regretting. I've also done *228 and a soft reset (taking battery out for 10 seconds). Trying to avoid factory reset. Phone is still not wanting to send MMS messages.

Thoughts, advice, etc?

0 Likes
Re: Won't send MMS before and after doing froyo 2.2 update
Tidbits
Legend

Just back up your information and do a factory reset.  If that fails something defective with your device OR the network itself.  Since you have updated to 2.2 there is very little you will lose if you chose to backup your data on Google servers.  for you text and voicemail there are apps in the market that'll back those up.  You have very little to lose with a factory reset.

0 Likes
ckrystofiak

Did a factory reset today. Phone is still sending MMS intermittienly, no internet unless on 3G, and now won't make calls if not on 3G...Will probably go into a VZW store tomorrow

0 Likes
Not applicable

Pix messaging not working is a tad tricky at times.  There could be multiple causes of the issue.  By master resetting the device and doing the software update, you ruled out most of them.  I can almost guarantee it is something on the network end.  I will send you a PM to get to the bottom of it.  Please reply at your earliest convenience.  I can even help replace the phone if we need to get to that point.

Look forward to working with you!

0 Likes
ckrystofiak
So the problem first started with MMS messages, then progressed to text messages, and then calls. I took my phone in on Sunday and Verizon decided to send me a new one for free so I'm happy.
0 Likes
Emms182

my phone is having the same issues sending MMS messages.  I can receive them but can rarely send them.

It's rather frustrated as I've tried everything to lowering the resolution of the images so they are smaller files, to soft resets, downloading a different text message application to doing a factory reset and still all of these have not done anything to solve the problem.

0 Likes
AEisele

I cannot send videos, pictures go through fine but videos are pending for at least an hour before any go through, and others never send at all. I tried everything: factory reset, *228, soft reset, and checked for updates. Nothing worked so I called VZW and got a replacement phone, only it does the same thing. It's driving me crazy and I don't know what else to do. Help!

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

AEisele wrote:

I cannot send videos, pictures go through fine but videos are pending for at least an hour before any go through, and others never send at all. I tried everything: factory reset, *228, soft reset, and checked for updates. Nothing worked so I called VZW and got a replacement phone, only it does the same thing. It's driving me crazy and I don't know what else to do. Help!

Hi AEisele! Sure am sorry about your messaging issue. I've got a few ideas why this is happening, though. Can you send me a personal message with your name, a callback number (not the number of the phone we need to work with if you can help it) and a good time for us to speak? Thanks!

0 Likes