Yahoo mail not alerting me for new mail
mytoy
Since the ED5 update my yahoo mail is not alerting me when I get new mail. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to make it work again?

Thank You.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo mail not alerting me for new mail
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Wildman for your comment. I would like to add another idea for Mytoy regarding the receipt of emails after the update. 

When performing a software update, if you are not getting your new emails, your best bet is to remove the email account from the device, and then readd it. This sort of "resets" the email account. When I updated my software, I was having the same issue, but once I removed the email account and then readded, it was fine. I suggest you try this and see if you get a better result. 

To remove the email account, follow these steps:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Accounts

Press the Yahoo Account

Press Remove Account

Press Ok to confirm

To readd the email account:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Accounts

Press Add Account

Enter the login credentials

Send test email

Please try this and post back with your results. 

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked the alert option under email settings menu to make sure the notification settings havent been vhanged by update?

0 Likes
mytoy
Yes I have. It is all the way it should be.

Thanks.
0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks Wildman for your comment. I would like to add another idea for Mytoy regarding the receipt of emails after the update. 

When performing a software update, if you are not getting your new emails, your best bet is to remove the email account from the device, and then readd it. This sort of "resets" the email account. When I updated my software, I was having the same issue, but once I removed the email account and then readded, it was fine. I suggest you try this and see if you get a better result. 

To remove the email account, follow these steps:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Accounts

Press the Yahoo Account

Press Remove Account

Press Ok to confirm

To readd the email account:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Accounts

Press Add Account

Enter the login credentials

Send test email

Please try this and post back with your results. 

Thank you,

0 Likes