absolutely can not create groups on fascinate!
sld

no matter how i change up the display groups, when i go to create or even add a member to a group, the only people it will allow me to choose from are the last few people i have added to my phone contacts, not my facebook or google contacts, i can not get any of them to come up for me to add members!!! spent hours on this...help!!

0 Likes
Re: absolutely can not create groups on fascinate!
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Have you tried creating the group by logging into gmail on a computer?

0 Likes
CEG0913

I had the same problem. I was not able to assign any contacts that were transferred from my old phone to a group, only newly created ones. I called Customer Service & they suggested doing it through gmail, which I did, but the group still didn't show up on my phone. So I think the only way to do this is to re-create the entry, which is obviously a huge inconvenience.

0 Likes
Robbei

I used backup assistant to download contacts after getting this phone, and just today created a group called "Family" with no problems.  I followed the instructions in the guide.

0 Likes
blumajik

Where did you find the instruction guide? I've tried the backup assistant and I can't get it to backup anything other then the Verizon numbers that came in the phone. None of the numbers that I had transferred from my iphone will backup. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
SoldierMama

I too am having problems with this.  When my IPhone from AT&T was switched over they put all 230 contacts into G Mail.  As

a result I cannot add to the groups.  Please help us in understanding how to correct this.  Thanks

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I'm not following. Log into gmail from a computer, create a group and move the desired contacts to that group.  Then you can go into contacts, display options and choose which groups are displayed on the contacts screen.

0 Likes
fascinated_25

The problem is that your contacts are saved to your gmail. Kinda **bleep** me off at first too, but the only way is to recreate the contacts to your phone's contact list. Very **bleep** and a waste but its the only way i've found

0 Likes