after update programs spontaneously erupt?
jenjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm on my third new facinate in 2 weeks- horrific battery life after update.  Went to verizon store this afternoon and got new battery, but not optimistic.  After update, seems like more than ever new programs just "erupt" and are active.  Just finished charging battery, checked active aps and found the following:

VZ navigator

media hub

voice commands

media player

car cradle

calculator

desk cradle

my verizon mobile

city id

daily briefing

tetris

nfs shift

the last two, tetris and nfs shift, i tried to delete earlier.  it's like every program ive touched in the last 24 hours opened itself and runs in teh background.  no wonder the battery life is craptacular.  **bleep**, Verizon?  

My battery life is so short that the phone is basically unusable to me- if i'm out in the field, it dies and leaves me without phone access, which, in my particular line of work, is potentially dangerous.  If this problem can't be resolved ASAP, i need a **bleep** phone that can meet my needs.  I've talked with 4 or 5 techs in the last two weeks, each of them tells me something eniterly different.  the last one told me she couldn't help me test the battery over the phone, and made me go to a verizon store.  the tech there stared at me blankly, and just gave me a new battery without asking any questions (whic also hasn't solved the problem).  I am becoming deeeply unimpressed. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: after update programs spontaneously erupt?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jenjo-I defintely understand your concern regarding the battery life on your Samsung Fascinate since the Froyo 2.2 update.

We have forwarded this concern to Samsung and battery performance issues are under investigation by Samsung product management team.

You can go to https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV for alerts as to when this will be resolved. Another option would be to purchase an extended battery since you work in the field.

At least that way you will get longer battery life.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

First, you can try removing the battery for about 10 minutes. This fixes some minor issues.

However, I've found that doing a 'factory data reset ' after a software update fixes most problems

with android smart phones.

Menu...Settings...Privacey...  Factory data reset.

WARNING:  This will erase all your personal data and market installed apps and restore phone

to how it was when you first got it.  Make sure you have backed up your contacts, mail, calendar,

etc. PRIOR to doing this. If your are syncing with your Google account, these will be backed up

on Google and restored after the reset.   Market apps can be reinstalled from the Market.

I have 3 Fascinates and all work fine. I've factory reset all 3 after each update. I've had all

3 phones since Sept 2010.

0 Likes
jenjo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks herbb, sort of.  I have pulled battery numerous times, and did factory reset 3 separate times yesterday, before posting message.  And, frankly, doing factory reset after every update is not really a satisfactory resolution... it's time consuming, and super annoying.  There has to be a better way... this is not satisfactory.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

jenjo wrote:

Thanks herbb, sort of.  I have pulled battery numerous times, and did factory reset 3 separate times yesterday, before posting message.  And, frankly, doing factory reset after every update is not really a satisfactory resolution... it's time consuming, and super annoying.  There has to be a better way... this is not satisfactory.

You are not alone in feeling the way you do, there definitely should be a better way after receiving an update from Verizon
0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Jenjo-I defintely understand your concern regarding the battery life on your Samsung Fascinate since the Froyo 2.2 update.

We have forwarded this concern to Samsung and battery performance issues are under investigation by Samsung product management team.

You can go to https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV for alerts as to when this will be resolved. Another option would be to purchase an extended battery since you work in the field.

At least that way you will get longer battery life.

0 Likes
bhesting

I can't stand this new update! Since I updated, my phone is frozen, it won't move from screens and when I push to message or phone, it takes forever to pull it up. It's like, "Oh, I need to do something, oh ok now I can do that." I'm so frustrated and can't stand this phone anymore! Help!

0 Likes