battery life even after reset.
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey so I know there are other discussions on battery life, but the thing is I have factory reset my gnex and that didn't work. So I got a replacement and even this is not fixing the battery issue. And when I look at my battery life it says The android system is taking 51% of battery usage. So what is the next step?? And does any one know if Samsung is working on a fix?

Re: battery life even after reset.
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Still having battery issues? If so, maybe the problem is the battery and not the phone. Another area to check are your apps. Try uninstalling all user downloaded apps (do not disable any factory apps as doing so may cause other problems) and reinstall just the basic ones; then, do what you normally do to see if the behavior issues remain or have cleared up. If everything is working properly, restore remaining apps one at a time and repeat operating system and battery usage checks. Repeat this procedure for each remaining app. If problems reoccur, uninstall the last app downloaded and recheck OS and battery.

On a personal note, it's become second nature for me to remove the battery and simcard for 30 seconds when my Nexus gets a bit squirrely. It is what it is with the Verizon version of the GNex.

0 Likes
TheDullah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, the thing is I haven't returned the old device and have been switching between using the old and new/replacement one. Also I have now have 4 batteries, one of which is an extended battery that I am constantly swapping. And I will try the app thing, it's just I didn't have battery issues with any of the apps I have before the update, I since the update I haven't installed a new app until today and it was the Starbucks app. Also another thing is that my device heats up when it's in my pocket.

0 Likes
jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

Do you use a 2-piece phone case with a soft inner cover? If so, try using the phone without any case for a couple of days to see if it runs cooler. Also, download a battery widget or turn on battery data if you use a homescreen weather widget--most weather/clock apps have multiple data settings. Batteries, I've read, are safe in temperatures below 125°F... my runs 90°-113°F most days, and I'm on the Web a lot. Also use a CPU widget or app setting and optimize your phone when CPU usage exceeds 50-70% (yeah, another widget or app setting, but an important one).

0 Likes
slimb9

is your gps on and has it been trying to find your location without locking?  this is an known issue and can be related to battery drain and your phone running hot.  (or location services, ie your cell/wifi giving out location which can drain battery fast)

also i have noticed that by default i was logged in to google talk and most of my google services were checked to sync.  i would recommend only having the services you use/need on sync.  i only have contacts, gmail, drive, browser, and maybe one other on.  dont have location services on unless you really need/use maps or whatever all the time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheDullah, thanks for trying several steps to attempt to resolve your battery issues. Having a phone you can rely on is extremely important. How long does your battery last after charging? What about with the extended battery? Also, is the phone overheating only when in your pocket or also while using specific applications? Do you notice this with each battery you have? I've seen some battery drain caused by Microsoft Exchange. Do you have an Exchange account on your phone?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes