calendar help
rkduq20

when in calendar is there any way to make the notification always say none? mine currently always sets a 15 min alert which i dont need i never need an alert.

0 Likes
Re: calendar help
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

I cant figure out how to get it to default to 'none' either.  Defaulting to 15 minutes.

If I create the entry on Google calendar web site, then sync to phone..Its none.

But when creating on phone first, seems to be 15 minutes.

I would like to see:

1 ) Calendar app - change default to use Google calendar instead of Phone calendar for new entries.

2 )  Alarm / Notification.   Should let you set a default also..Like to None  : - )   if so desired.

Maybe 2.2 update will have some additional default settings for Calendar.

If someone knows a way to change these defaults now, please let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Indianchief
Contributor - Level 1

When you make a new event on your phone's calendar, tap on the alarm slide....now pull down on the white screen.  The 5 min before button, on time button, and "none" button are there......they are just up underneath hidden.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Herbb623
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks. I see that.. BUT, I have to go in and set it to none for every new event.

I was hoping to have all new events default to 'none'. ( as well as default to Google calendar. )

Thanks.

0 Likes
rkduq20

thats the same thing i want. i know how to change it to none. when im already creating a new event. i want it to be defaulted as none and not have to change it for every appointment i make in my calendar.

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I don't believe what you're asking to do is possible with the stock calendar app.  However, there are some free apps in the market that will allow you to do just this (e.g., Touch Calendar Free, Jorte).  Of course, this means that you'll have to use these apps to set your new events.

Jorte has a widget that allows you to view your calendar (in the same manner that you can view your friends' Facebook, Myspace, and Twitter feeds using the Feeds and Updates).

Touch Calendar Free allows greater flexibility in how you set your repeats on your reminders.

But that's the only way I know how to set the default reminder to none.  Sorry I couldn't tell you how to do that using the stock program, but as I've learned, you sometimes have to download apps and widgets to get any smart phone to do what you want.

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

There is not a default option for setting notification to none when adding an event. When adding an event to the calendar it gives the options to select. 

Select the preferred setting:

• None
  • On time
  • 5 mins before
  • 15 mins before
  • 1 hour before
  • 1 day before
  • 2 days before
  • 1 week before
  • Customize
0 Likes
rkduq20

when or i guess if we get 2.2 will that allow for us to select a default time for the alerts in calendar?

0 Likes
10sEn
Contributor - Level 3

I don't think Samsung created the calendar app.  So, I don't think it be different with Froyo.  But many of the other calendar apps on the market will allow you to do what you want.  Most of those are created because someone doesn't like the stock app.  (I listed 2 above that I know will allow you to set the reminder to none, but there are probably others that will allow you to do this, as well.)

0 Likes