can make voice calls, can't surf internet, showing 2 bars with 0 dBm signal
DM6156

I was using my phone surfing the net using verizion (not wifi as i forgot i had disabled it), suddenly i got page not found. wasnt able to connect to any sites.

I noticed I had 3G service and 2 bars.  Tried to restart browser a couple times.  still not able to connect to internet.

I tried to make a phone call, i was able too. 

Now the phone no longer shows 3G service, but still shows 2 bars.

checked the about phone / status and saw:

network - verizon wirelsss

signal strength - 0 dBm

service state - in service

roaming - not roaming

mobile network state - connecting

i'm running the latest (update said no new software)

Build number = SCH-I500.ED05

Firmware = 2.2.2

hardware version = I500.04

Baseband version = S:i500.04 V.ED05

If I have 0 dBm service, how can i make phone calls? Why did it shows 3G and 2 bars then just 2 bars?

I restarted phone 3 days ago beacuse at home with a network extender, I was showing 2 bars and NO SVC.  I was not able to even make a call to check to see if i was on the network extender.

I'm sure if I call VZ support they will tell me to restart the phone - they tell me that for EVERY problem I have.    I didn't realize android was powered my microsoft windows and needed rebooted every time i had an issue.

I have a screenshot showing the 2 bars and 0dBm signal if anyone from verizion actually cares to investigate.

Pulled battery, restarted. now works again.  

0 Likes
Re: can make voice calls, can't surf internet, showing 2 bars with 0 dBm signal
DM6156

same thing happened again saturday.

0 db signal, able to make calls, no internet connectivity.

Once agian, restart resolved the issue.

this is a new phone that was swapped out last week, it didn't even come with V5.  I had to upgrade it to that.

0 Likes