can't long press icon to move or delete
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

For a while now, I cannot long press on an icon to move it or delete the app, etc. Long press on a blank area of the screen does nothing as well. Working on a Note 8. Restarting does nothing, have tried various screen setting, etc. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't long press icon to move or delete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how frustrating this can be, phbern. We can certainly look into this further and look at the options to get this resolved. Have there been any recent changes to the device (New apps, software updates, etc.)? Is there any physical or water damage to this device?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

No, there has been no damage. I first discovered the problem when I tried to delete an old app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your efforts are appreciated, phbern. I certainly want this to work for you. Next, let's reset the device settings. Performing these steps resets all system settings (e.g. ringtones, sound settings, display settings, etc.) back to their default values. Rest assured that personal data, such as downloaded apps and media (pictures, videos, music), aren't affected. Follow the steps listed in http://spr.ly/6602y8Pcj and keep me posted. 

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

Sorry but that did not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep working to figure this out, phbern! Are you able to use the long press feature when using apps? For example, long pressing a link, to open in a new tab? 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

It does not work in Chrome. Others apps I have don't use this feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the information phbern. We would like to have you place your device in safe mode to see if the same issue is occurring. You can follow the steps here https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-214320/ and then try the function to see if it works.

0 Likes
phbern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't get it into safe mode because long press does not work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that function isn't working. Please tell me, is the device free of damage? What happens when you long press that key? VCarter_VZW 

0 Likes