cant upload pictures to facebook
mialynn

my phone wont upload pictures to facebook. it gives an triangle on the top with an error saying cannot upload photo 1 of 2. or 2 of 2. even when i try to upload only one picture.

help!

0 Likes
Re: cant upload pictures to facebook
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have data connection? WiFi or cellular data (3G or 4G)?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vanced999

Same issue - hope someone can help. Doesn't matter if using Wifi or 3G/4G. Have done a battery remove, cache clear, remove/reinstall of facebook for android app. I can share and upload pics just fine on my account using my son's Iphone (verizon) and on my laptop, but not my Samsung Stratosphere. Cannot even send picture via email and have it appear. Cannot send a photo saved on my phone to have it post to Facebook. Very frustrating! Yesterday I did manage to get it to work only once and then won't work again.

0 Likes
pcryan23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea, I have the same issue on my Galaxy S3, which is odd because I didn't have that issue before, I think it has to do with the Android build of the app. What ever the developer did when they updated the application messed it up. That is not really anything verizon can do, that is on the developer of the facebook application.

0 Likes
vanced999

That's what I figured. If I try to do it from the FB Android App or from the mobile FB (www.m.facebook.com) it won't upload. But, if I get to the desktop version on my phone (facebook.com) though the version is S L O W it works. Geesh! Hope FB fixes this!! Now, if I could just get the dropping and dropping and dropping of my data signal fixed. Not having data and dropping my signal more than 90% of the time now. Grrrrr.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey all!

Thank you all so much for your wonderful posts on this issue. I do agree that this is an issue with the Facebook application itself. Even me personally with my Samsung Galaxy S 3, I have issues uploading pictures from time to time. We know this isn't a problem with the device in particular or with our network. So thank you for all the troblshooting and the great suggestions!

Feel free to contact the developer of the application to see if they will be updating it to function better with newer versions of Android. The website is http://www.facebook.com/appcenter/fbandroid and you can e-mail them at android-support@fb.com.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jetmanFl410
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep!!!! Just what I expected!  Blame someone else!  My galaxy nexus uploads pictures just fine to Facebook.  It probably is a hardware issue!  Or Network problem.  Mine works fine though so I know it's not facebook.

0 Likes
pcryan23
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lol I can't upload to facebook after that last update either with my Galaxy S3, a few weeks later another update comes out for FB app bam it works around, yes it was facebook. Exactly what hardware component do you propose is failing causing the upload to go through the whole process and then end it after going through the motions?

0 Likes
brooksey2

My wife had the same problem. She fixed it by deleting the Mobile Downloads folder for Facebook. Somehow the folder was corrupted.

0 Likes