data issues
rstgermain

Is anyone else having this issue? I will have my phone on my desk for 10minutes then look at it and the bars are gray without a 3G or 4G icon and i cant access the internet. I can txt and call but thats it. It takes like 5min to 10min before data comes back.

0 Likes
Re: data issues
divins

Yep and verizon isn't doing a thing about it.  It's awful, my 300 dollar Droid Razr is awful compared to my old motorola Droid.  My old phone never lost data connection like this.

0 Likes
rstgermain

Is this something to do with 4G you think?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

divins wrote:

Yep and verizon isn't doing a thing about it.  It's awful, my 300 dollar Droid Razr is awful compared to my old motorola Droid.  My old phone never lost data connection like this.

How do you know they are not doing anything about it? The device has been out 5 days. They have to work with Samsung to find what the issue is and decide of a way to correct it.

And so many were upset stating VZW was purposely holding back the release of the phone. Maybe VZW was correct to hold it back but the masses forced their hand

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, there were all of those threads that started out like:

"The phone has been ready for over a month! Why don't they just release it!"

and

"All complaints will be going to Google as they will be the ones pushing out ALL updates. Verizon has nothing to do with the phone. Just release it!"

and

"Google and Samsung rubber stamped the phone in November! The phone is ready!! Why is Verizon holding up the phone!!??"

Well, it seems that just MAYBE the phone WASN'T ready, and it seems that people are complaining to VERIZON, not Google.

0 Likes
rstgermain

soooo has anyone else seen this issue too? Im not complaining i love the phone.

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

According to Droid Life its being worked on:

http://www.droid-life.com/page/2/

I just returned mine, update could takes weeks to months and I was losing signal in my area -100 to -120dbm.  Droid X is at -83dbm same area.  Good Luck

0 Likes
SVT202

Experiencing the same thing on mine. Appears that it only does it when I'm indoors. I have not experienced this outside or while in a vehicle. 

Speaking with Verizon support, they're aware of the problem. At this time it's believed that it's the phone switching back and forth from 4G and 3G connections....then dropping off. What should be a seamless action does not appear to be working as intended. IF this really turns out to be the problem, hopefully a future (in the next few weeks) OTA update will correct it....and a few other oddities.

For me, I've found the work around to be connect via my WiFi at work and home when in a building. Only catch is you need to know what the router's encryption key is. Hope this helps...at least knowing you're not alone with this problem. 

0 Likes
OLDCEDAWG

I am also having loss of data connection.  In my home I am getting -120db ,99asu with my old Droid X I was getting -91db  with no loss of 3 g at all.  I am able to make calls but must connect to my WIFI to download anything.  I have talked to Level 2 technical support and about all they suggested was to replace the sim card which I did yesterday afternoon.  The new sim card did not help.

My major concern is that if help is on the way will it arrive before  our return date?  I do not want to suffer with this after the drop dead date.  I will return and just use my  old Droid X which still works great.  As much as I love the GNEX I still need a phone that will work on the 3 G network.

0 Likes
bassplayrguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you test this?  I just exchanged a Razr for data problems.

0 Likes