de-bing it
AZSALUKI
Legend

get launcher pro and you can get google widgets. search youtube for this issue and you can find a lot of helpful video. some methods require things you wont want to do and some methods are as simple as getting a launcher app.

one example of the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_vObNgV9W8

0 Likes
Re: de-bing it
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It doesn't really work on a "stock" phone as you still have to rename the bing apk in order to get voice search going through google with the search soft button.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

but can't you at least access and add the google widgets just by using a different launcher? i don't have the device (this is actually one of the concerns that keeps me from getting it) so i don't know....but i thought that by using launcher pro or some other launcher, you could then add and use the google search widgets? is that not true? i don't really care about the search button itself, if you could at least get the apps/widgets on the "stock" device (with a different launcher). i understand that you'd have to do other things to it to change the search button default, but some of the videos i watched sure made it seem like you could at least use google voice search and the google search widget on the stock device????

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

yeah, ADW and Launcher Pro will let you use the Google Search widget if that's all you're looking for.   Only other google blocking issue is that the Navigation shortcut in Car Dock mode is hard coded to VZ Nav for anyone using the car dock.  There's an dock replacement app in the market that allows you to create a custom dock though. 

0 Likes