deleted sent text messages keep sending
tdolezal

I have deleted all my text threads.  When I send a new text, it attaches parts of old deleted text messages that I sent awhile ago within my new text message. The old deleted text messages must be stuck in memory somewhere.  Is it possible to access and delete?

0 Likes
Re: deleted sent text messages keep sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tdolezal,

Let's get that text messaging issue resolved. Follow these steps: Menu>Settings>Applications>ManageApplications>Messaging>ClearData. Then power cycle your phone and test. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
EIPerez5

Hi,

I have been trying to find some answers regarding this topic, and finally came across this forum. My problem is the same as above. An old text message that I have deleted continues to be sent at the beginning of a new text message. So, the new message I am trying to send is cut off at the beginning, and the person gets 2 texts sandwiched together - half of the old text at the beginning, and ending with the last part of the new text I want to send at. It only happens when I'm sending text messages to one particular person. I have tried the steps as explained above, however, it still continues to happen.

Does anyone know how to fix this??

I don't have any other messaging 'apps' installed on my device, and my device does have the newest software update installed. {Firmware 2.3.5 - Baseband version S:i500.04 V .EH03}

0 Likes
Islanzadi38

I am now having the same issue. When i send a text message it mixes the old ones that have already been deleted with the new one i am trying to send. Is there any update on this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Islanzadi38,

We want to make sure the right messages are sent and you don't get your old conversations to appear. Can you confirm if you're using the stock messaging application? Was force closing the application (as listed above) available? Are you also using the Fascinate? Please provide us more details so we can assist.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jonathon_White

This same thing happens on my wife's Fascinate. Except messages that are being resent are from phones she had prior to the one she is currently using (They were all insurance replacements). So hopefully Verizon can resolve this issue.

0 Likes
jmagee

This same exact thing has been happening to me for a years now! I have yet to find a solution. The people at the Verizon store have done the hard resets and replaced phones.

I always use the text messaging app that comes with the phone... it seems to happen with one other person (but that could be because we talk way more than the rest). He's with Verizon too, and we've both been through SEVERAL phones in the past several years, so it seems like it's something to do with the service, or the way data is transmitted as opposed to the devices....?

0 Likes