deleting apps
rockerbaby70

I  just got my phone today and love it so far. I wanted to find out how delete apps that i don't/ or won't us..

Thank you.

Rockerbaby

0 Likes
Re: deleting apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

rockerbaby70 wrote:

I  just got my phone today and love it so far. I wanted to find out how delete apps that i don't/ or won't us..

Thank you.

Rockerbaby

Ah, an old story...here is the ending. :smileywink: For preinstalled apps, No not possible.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Samsung-Fascinate/Removing-Apps-from-the-Samsung-Fascinate/m-p/365120/hi...

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/Removal-of-unwanted-apps/m-p/142449/highlight/true#M42

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-2-by-Motorola/Removing-some-pre-installed-apps/m-p/267513/highligh...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Two different kinds of apps:  Pre-installed "bloatware" is common, unavoidable, not harmful on high end phones, and unremovable without flashing the phone which an average person couldn't/wouldn't do.  The best you can do is delete the icon from your home screen by dragging it to the trash.

Other apps can be uninstalled through "manage applications"

0 Likes
amsing1218

I moved all of my unwanted apps to a screen all by themselves so I dont have to filter through them when I am looking for something I do use.  I even put a blank page between the ones I use and the unwanted ones.  Hope that helps.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

amsing1218 wrote:

I moved all of my unwanted apps to a screen all by themselves so I dont have to filter through them when I am looking for something I do use.  I even put a blank page between the ones I use and the unwanted ones.  Hope that helps.

If these are actually screens(not the app drawer), you can also just drag these icons to the trash and then they will not be on one of your screens. You can take anything that is on one of your screens and drag it to the trash. THIS does not delete the app from your phone. It just removes it from (one of) your home screens. They will still be in your app drawer.

I think that several people mistake removing an app from your home screens with deleting the app from your phone. They are not the same thing. The icons on your home screens are just shortcuts to the actual app. The apps reside in your app drawer and THIS is what you cannot delete from your phone when it comes to pre-installed bloatware.

0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3

Can you post the actual steps you did to do this? Thanks, it sounds a great idea

rockerbaby70

Thank you all for the help..

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

amsing1218 wrote:

If these are actually screens(not the app drawer), you can also just drag these icons to the trash and then they will not be on one of your screens. You can take anything that is on one of your screens and drag it to the trash. THIS does not delete the app from your phone. It just removes it from (one of) your home screens. They will still be in your app drawer.

I think that several people mistake removing an app from your home screens with deleting the app from your phone. They are not the same thing. The icons on your home screens are just shortcuts to the actual app. The apps reside in your app drawer and THIS is what you cannot delete from your phone when it comes to pre-installed bloatware.

you cant delete icons for bloatware, ive tried :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

amsing1218 wrote:

You can from your home pages. Not from the app drawer, though. At least on the DROID X, you can.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

amsing1218 wrote:

You can from your home pages. Not from the app drawer, though. At least on the DROID X, you can.

not on the fascinate, it could be a funtion of 2.2, we are still on 2.1

0 Likes