desktop app to sync media
whitesox

i have a lot of audiobooks and music on my desktop - that i want on my droid phone -- (my iphone had to be replaced as i dropped it and it shattered) - but can't figure out how to do this...

what is the itune equivalent - surely qoogle can't be this arrogant......... (or maybe they are -- in which this phone goes back)

0 Likes
Re: desktop app to sync media
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello this is Noah with Verizon Wireless, hope your doing great today.  There are currently no Apps that Verizon Wireless offer that allow you to sync itunes audio files with Android phones direectly.  First we want to discuss  the muisc formats of the Samsung Fascinate.  The Samsung Fascinate supports the following  Audio/Music Formats: Enhanced AAC+ , MP3, unprotected AAC,  and unprotected AAC+ formats.  Usaully it is easier to convert the itunes M4A or M4P to MP3 audio files, this allows you to transfer them eaiser.  Be advised that unprotected files are usually M4A and M4P files are protected.  To convert the Audio files to MP3 files, go to into the Preferences Panel of iTunes. Click on the orange "Importing" selection and then select an MP3 Encoder for importing. Alter  the settings to the settings you want. (itunes verison may differ slightly)  Then, click Ok and then go back to the main window of  iTunes. Select all files you want to convert to MP3 and click on "Advanced"  and  "Convert Selection to MP3".  M4P is DRM protected, please be in accordance with the law when converting these files. Once you have the files converted and put it in the music folder that you want on your PC.  Then you can transfer them to the phone.  Step 1. Plug a USB cable into your Samsung Fascinate and connect it to a USB on your PC's USB Port .Step 2. Once you attach the Samsung Fascinate  to the PC with a USB cable. Your PC recognizes the connection and displays USB logo connected in the Annunciator Line and Notifications Panel.Step 3. Pull down the Notification Panel, then touch USB connected. Step 4. At the prompt, touch Mount to connect your  to the PC to copy files.Step 5. At this point you can go into your PC My Computer and add the audio files to the folder you have your music in.  This folder my vary depending on the phone.  Once you have transferred the audio files, you can Un-monut the device, and disconnect the cable then you should be able to access the audiobooks and music on the Samsumg Fascinate.   

0 Likes
DWH

what is the procedure for converting files in my Windows media player to a file type compatible with my fascinate?

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

The Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 supports the following music formats:

Audio/Music Formats Supported:

• Enhanced AAC+
  • MP3
  • WMA
  • unprotected AAC
  • unprotected AAC+

Usually Windows Media Player uses  files  that are already in one of these formats.

0 Likes