did 4.0.4 fix voice mute & call drops issues ??
prashants17
Enthusiast - Level 3

for those who have used ICS 4.0.4 for a few days please let us know if it fix the voice mute & call drops issues ??

0 Likes
Re: did 4.0.4 fix voice mute & call drops issues ??
bstealthy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the update and sadly no.  The update did not fix the mic cutting out/ voice mute/ call drops as the release notes said it supposedly would.

0 Likes
mterkowski

I received the 4.04 update and I am still having the LTE data loss and call drop issue. I had a droid bionic and had full 4g coverage everywhere in my area, as soon as I switched to the nexus I lose signal as soon as I switch the phone to LTE. I called Samsung and they seem to have no idea of the issue.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

No, it did not fix my issues.  Signal strength still poor.  Other phones in the home are at -80 dbm.  I am at -115 dbm as I always have been.  Bars display differently but signal still the same.  Call quality is still poor, it seems a bit different but still poor.  Not sure where to go from here?

0 Likes
bumsy2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still have the MUTE issue, where the other end cannot hear you and maybe have a "clicking sound".  I can hear their end. 

However, signal issues are better for me. Phone does not lockup anymore, quicker screen rotation. Faster browsing.

But still have the MUTE clicking thing after a certain amount of time, only with certain numbers.

0 Likes
bumsy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Google has this issue opened at item # 24019

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24019#c714

comment 714 put on June 4th shows after 4.0.4 update to do the following:

Verizon support on twitter told me after receiving the update, to master reset aka factory reset the phone and that would fix the mic mute problem. After doing that, i have made 7 calls with no mic muting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's fixed

I can try this within next couple days and report back--(just have to make sure I am ready to install and modify all apps again)  Has anyone tried this since 4.0.4?

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Just off the phone with Verizon.  I was told that everyone should know to take out the sim card after the update.  She advised me to take out the sim card and put it back in and she would call in ten minutes.  I did it.  No difference.  Oh fifteen minutes later I look down and have a voicemail.  I didn't have enough signal strength to get the call.  LOL.  Oh and mic cut out twice during my call to her.  That did not happen often before the update.  I also had a difficult time understanding her and told her so.  Please let us know if the hard reset works. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

just an fyi....i always do a factory reset after an update to the OS. i know that many think you shouldn't have to, but my experience is that it works better this way. developers do this and always suggest it be done and i figure they know a lot more than i so i do it too.

0 Likes
bumsy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just did factory reset and installed all Google apps again.  Will keep you posted if the click click mute happens again.

0 Likes
bumsy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After performing factory reset.....clicking sound on other end and mute on my end returns.

0 Likes