Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
downloading...do not..
hitechgreg

Just powered my phone off and when i turned it back on it says...Downloading....  Do not turn off Target!!!

What gives?  Its been saying this for a while now.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: downloading...do not..
hitechgreg

It was in download mode.  I held down the volume + key and the power button and it turned off.  Guess I should look around for other solutions before posting.  I was just hoping that MAYBE, just MAYBE, it was froyo 2.2....

Thanks soulchaser for the assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Soulchaser

where you by any chance holding the volume down button when you powered back on?? That plus the power button puts the phone in download mode.

0 Likes
hitechgreg

Honestly dont remember.  Its been this way over an hour.  So it would probably be ok to turn it off?

0 Likes
Soulchaser

pull the battery from the back and reboot..you SHOULD be ok.

0 Likes
hitechgreg

It was in download mode.  I held down the volume + key and the power button and it turned off.  Guess I should look around for other solutions before posting.  I was just hoping that MAYBE, just MAYBE, it was froyo 2.2....

Thanks soulchaser for the assistance. 

0 Likes
Soulchaser

PM me if you want froyo...Ive been running it now for about a week. Full official release.

0 Likes
roachman55

Soulchaser how did you get Froyo? Did you do what others have done

0 Likes
Soulchaser

yes..yes I did.. I did that thing that they dont want you to do (or talk about in the forum) then I did that other thing you can do that they dont let you talk about on here. A certain website has it broken down step by step and made it very simple and worked the first time.

0 Likes