dropped calls, static, poor call quality, connectivity
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Hello, I am new to this discussion. I researched phones and anxiously awaited the release of this device.  On paper the phone should be phenomenal.  I have had the GNEX since day one.  I have tried to be patient with it knowing that some bugs probably need to be worked out.  However, I am at my wits end.  I have had the sim card replaced, talked to tech support at Verizon several times and been in my local store several times to have my phone checked.  I routinely drop calls.  If a call lasts more than say ten minutes it gets static and interference and the other person cannot understand what I am saying.  I have to reboot my phone several times a day and sometimes that doesn't even work.  I have also discovered that people will try to call or send text messages that I do not get.  Last week I received ten text messages at once along with two voicemails.  My phone was mysteriously out of comission for over two hours.  It was just sitting on the counter not being used.  I rarely get 4g, and I can see the Verizon tower from my home.  If I turn on wifi in order to use data and talk at the same time the phone barely gets a phone signal at all.  Often times the "triangle" is completely empty.  I have talked to Verizon at length and was told that update was coming in early March and if I was patient my problems would be resolved.  I was told the same thing at my local store.  So I waited.  Its now approaching mid March and I called again.  I was told they had no knowledge of an update coming through and the person who told me that shouldn't of.  He is in Connecticut I was told and I am in California and he had no business saying that.  I was told this is not Verizon's issue and the update must come from Samsung or Google.  I have talked to Samsung and was told they had no knowledge of any problem with this device.  I asked the gentleman today if they are still selling this phone and of course, they are.  But that he really couldn't do anything because the person I spoke to last month did not notate that he told me there was a fix coming.  They told me to go to the store and talk to them.  Here I have a phone that can do a lot of things but not the very thing it was intended for.  CALLS....... I can't believe Verizon continues to sell this phone.  I have a friend who bought the GNEX on my recommendation from the research I had done.  She has the exact same issues as me.  My old original Droid was slow as moses but I never had these issues with it. 

0 Likes
Re: dropped calls, static, poor call quality, connectivity
Tidbits
Legend

Theres like 50 other threads. The truth is you need to talk to Google about fixes, and report it to them if you want fixes. Verizon nor Samsung control any aspect of the Nexus Line.

0 Likes
kabull
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits,

Thanks for the good advice.  Interesting, when I called Verizon back today to let them know that I wasn't happy, they directly connected me to Samsung.  I talked to rep at Samsung who said and I quote "It is both of our problems (meaning Samsung and Verizon) and since your complaint has been documented it will be reviewed etc.  She encouraged me strongly to send my phone to them to be repaired.  She even sent me address label and shipping instructions.  She said they will evaluate and replace the antenna.  I questioned her because everything I have read said this is a software problem??  I really believe now that if there was an easy fix for this phone it would have been done by now.  Now I am beginning to wonder if it is the phone itself.  I asked her what the success rate on this type of repair was and she said excellent!!!!!  Am I just getting the run around???  I am not sure.  But it will take three weeks total with shipping.  I am not sure what to do.  I just want to talk to people and not have obnoxious noises, clicking etc and then not able to be heard. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kabull wrote:

Tidbits,

Thanks for the good advice.  Interesting, when I called Verizon back today to let them know that I wasn't happy, they directly connected me to Samsung.  I talked to rep at Samsung who said and I quote "It is both of our problems (meaning Samsung and Verizon) and since your complaint has been documented it will be reviewed etc.  She encouraged me strongly to send my phone to them to be repaired.  She even sent me address label and shipping instructions.  She said they will evaluate and replace the antenna.  I questioned her because everything I have read said this is a software problem??  I really believe now that if there was an easy fix for this phone it would have been done by now.  Now I am beginning to wonder if it is the phone itself.  I asked her what the success rate on this type of repair was and she said excellent!!!!!  Am I just getting the run around???  I am not sure.  But it will take three weeks total with shipping.  I am not sure what to do.  I just want to talk to people and not have obnoxious noises, clicking etc and then not able to be heard. 

They will probably send you a refurb.  The software works better with 4.0.4 update, but no one knows when it is coming out.  The bug reports have already been filled and Google seems to be working overtime as 4.0.4 and a supposed 4.0.5 is in the works.  No one knows when the update is coming, but it looks like a major overhaul, and I believe it might be a 4.1 release by the time all the bug fixes are done.

0 Likes
kenjohns

reception on the gnex is a disaster, which makes the phone unusable for me...i require reliable reception, which i always had with my droid x....so after 2 units, i give up on it, and will go back to my droid x....i simply dont have time to be fooling around trying to fix a phone that obviously wasnt ready to be released Smiley Sad

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dude, make up your mind.... Google? Samsung? You say different things on different posts about responsibility. Anyone but the ones who sold it is responsible right?

You know nothing of good customer service, the only reasonable thing you have said is that we will see when the update comes.....lol

No one should listen to this guy....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

troll harder my friend... Stay thirsty

0 Likes
fastearle
Enthusiast - Level 3

lol....whatever man, im never thirsty, except when i drop calls...wait....i guess I will stay thirsty....

0 Likes