employee discount and change to lower plan...disappointed in your service
pastor1st

I have heard, and now experienced, that large phone companies like you work hard to get new customers and give them great deals. For those of us who are with you and have been loyal customers for many years, not so much. Here are two examples.

First, I am trying and have been trying for weeks to get a discount since my wife works at a place that is eligible for a discount. She works at American House. Everyone tells me to go to a page on the website for a status update, but the page does NOT give that option. It only gives the option to apply. No one I have spoken to at Verizon seems to have a clue as to what else to say. I was given a phone number but it does nothing but refer me back to the same page! I don't really think Verizon is terribly interested in helping me in this.

Second, I have been trying to change my plan from unlimited to 4 gb, but since I was told that since I am going down, not up, in my usage, I have to wait until next month to make that change. But If I was spending MORE, money, SURE. They would be happy to make it immediate. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU??? The website, by the way, doesn't even make it possible to go down in usage. Only up.

It seems that if I want to spend more money, you are all about helping me...right now. If I want to spend less, not so much. I am so disappointed that I will definitely consider moving to another phone company. Maybe, just maybe someone out there actually likes to help customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: employee discount and change to lower plan...disappointed in your service
rcschnoor
Legend

@pastor1st wrote:

Second, I have been trying to change my plan from unlimited to 4 gb, but since I was told that since I am going down, not up, in my usage, I have to wait until next month to make that change. But If I was spending MORE, money, SURE. They would be happy to make it immediate. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU??? The website, by the way, doesn't even make it possible to go down in usage. Only up.

In a way, yes it does make sense. For example, if you are currently on an unlimited data plan and have uses 10 GB of data so far this month and were to switch to a 4 GB data plan, you would get full credit back for the unlimited data plan for the current month and be charged for the full month for the 4 GB data plan. In addition, you would be charged for 6 GB of data overage at a cost of $15/GB for a total of $90 in data overage. Furthermore, any additional data you use for the remaining portion of your current billing cycle would be charged at a price of $15/GB.

Someone who was allowed to switch to a lower data plan without realizing this could possibly end up with a VERY large bill they were not expecting.

This is the reasoning behind not allowing someone to go down in service except at the beginning of a billing cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, pastor1st. We certainly don't want you to feel that we don't care about your concerns. I would like to go ahead and clarify any concerns you have. Employee discounts do not qualify on Unlimited based plans. Only Military/ First Responder/ Veteran discounts and Auto-Pay discounts apply to Unlimited plans. 

As far as changing plans, you mentioned that you were wanting to switch to a 4GB plan. This would be a good option to apply your employee discount. There are two options when changing plans. Back-dating is for changing a smaller tier plan to a higher tier plan while your current bill cycle is taking place. This will result in one time service charges when you select this option. Future dating a plan is for moving higher tier plans to a smaller plan on the next cycle due to high service proration cost.That is why you're unable to move from the Unlimited plan to the 4GB plan. Let me know if this information clarifies your concern and if you have any further questions. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
pastor1st
Thank you for your response. I have scheduled the switch back to 4gb plan in May. Can you schedule the discount to take effect at that time?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pastor1st, you can actually use the link below to add your employee discount right now, however, it will not be applicable until you change your plan. Does this help? 

http://spr.ly/660910oyR

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes