every US Samsung galaxy s has 2.2: except the two that have bing and are in verizons stable
joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

While not all the Samsung Galaxy S phones in the U.S. have gotten an update to Android 2.2 Froyo, we're getting closer.  The Samsung Galaxy S Samsung Epic 4g received an update last week, and now U.S. Cellular's Samsung Mesmerize is getting all the desired features of Android 2.2 Froyo, which leaves the Samsung Fascinate and Continuum from Verizon out of the update fold.

http://www.wirelessandmobilenews.com/2011/03/samsung-galaxy-s-update-samsung-mesmerize-gets-update-k...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: every US Samsung galaxy s has 2.2: except the two that have bing and are in verizons stable
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry for the clutter.  We'll try picking up after ourselves.  :smileyvery-happy:

This is the Samsung Fascinate discussion forum, not the technical support site.  That means we discuss issues related to the phone, not what is going on the world.  When you limit the discussion to the Fascinate, the Froyo update IS the most pressing issue on most of our minds.   You don't need me to tell you this since you've noticed the number of threads.

As for "real" questions, I think it is legitimate to wonder why the last Galaxy S phones without Froyo are in Verizon's stable.  I want to hear peoples opinions, rants, and theories.  It makes for some interesting and often hilarious reading.

I don't need Froyo - I think the Fascinate is a great phone with 2.1 Eclair.  But I look forward to updating my phone with new features. Until then, let's talk about it...                         

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: every US Samsung galaxy s has 2.2: except the two that have bing and are in verizons stable
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

there are many more galaxy s phones than you seem to think there are. and, no, not all have 2.2.

0 Likes
joemn
Enthusiast - Level 3

see the link,  ALL EXCEPT Verizon's 2 phones have 2.2.

Therefore the holdup is

NOT Samsung

NOT Google

But to be fair to Verizon, the cobbled up mess of bing'ing our phones probablly made the update process much more difficult.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

*sigh*

how many threads like this are we gonna see?

cant people keep it to one thread?

your starting to act like apple fanatics, everyons opinion is so important they need thier own thread

*sigh*

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

mdram4x4 wrote:

*sigh*

how many threads like this are we gonna see?

cant people keep it to one thread?

your starting to act like apple fanatics, everyons opinion is so important they need thier own thread

*sigh*

AMEN !

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Too bad there isn't some kind of filter to block new threads with 2.2 or froyo in the title or message sections. :smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
Droidbotics
Actually 2.2 is out there, its a matter of how bad you want it.
0 Likes
nickjr
Contributor - Level 3
Go and Get it
0 Likes
Droidbotics
Already have it
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

as do I

0 Likes